UK_Widowmaker

Cecil Lewis Interview (that everyone can watch)

Great stuff , ive never seen that interview before , thanks for making it so everybody could watch it .

cheers

This is amazing - to see the former WW1 pilot, who had written this great book*

which I've read, now talking 'alive' and freshly about the air war of those days!

No idea, how you did it, Widowmaker, but first the link wouldn't work for me;

now it does won'fully - thanks a lot for sharing!

* "Sagittarius Rising"

I agree Olham..great book and to hear him speak...wow

Yes, thanks for posting the video. I've gone and started a career in RFC 3 March 1916 now ^.^ Just wanted to note that as he was describing the sights and events I was following along in my mind via imagery from WOFF and realized how much more OFF/WOFF allows us to brilliantly immerse in that period of history.

Glad you enjoyed it Gentlemen.

The one thing that I noticed, was what a wonderful voice he had!...I would have loved to sit with him, on a winters night..around a roaring fire...and a glass of Port...listening to his tales

(I also find his reaction when he speaks of his dead comrades, very moving indeed)

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Thanks Widowmaker, that was just splendid.  I noticed that when he did appear to get affected while talking about people who had died, they seemed to have the decency then to cut pretty quickly.

Now I once watched a documentary about the making of the 'Great War' series, and they mentioned the girl who used to go and meet the veterans to help them up the steps, and to the studio, as some of them couldn't manage it that well.  I am sure they said that Cecil Lewis turned up in his sports car, jumped out the door and, by the time they had got to the top of the steps, had already asked the girl if she would like to go to the Lake District with him.

I can't believe I can have imagined this, and would very much like it to be true.

• Like 1

Wonderful videos Widowmaker.Thank you so much.

• Like 1

It was great to see the man who wrote the book. I too would like to have set and listen to his stories by the fire. Thanks for sharing Widowmaker, I truly enjoyed the whole video. Thanks for sharing

• Like 1