Sign in to follow this  
SilverDragon

ED DCS: World March Newsletter

Interesting future develops  :)

Dear Pilots!

In this news letter we have several interesting DCS developments and the announcement of our DCS Spring Sale!

DCS Spring Sale

Eagle Dynamics E-Shop.

Friday, 25th March 2014

From March 26th to March 31st, Eagle Dynamics will have discounts up to 60% off the following DCS products:

DCS: P-51D Mustang. $39.99 now $15.99 (60% off)
Trailer

DCS: UH-1H Huey. $49.99 now $19.99 (60% off)
Trailer

DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3. $49.99 now $19.99 (60% off)
Trailer

DCS: Black Shark 2 Upgrade. $29.99 now $20.99(30% off)
Trailer

DCS: A-10C Warthog. $39.99 now $27.99 (30% off)
Trailer

DCS: Black Shark 2. $39.99 now $27.99 (30% off)
Trailer

DCS: Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Pre-Purchase Beta. $49.99 now $39.99 (20% off)
Trailer

DCS: Combined Arms. $29.99 now $23.99 (20% off)
Trailer

A-10A: DCS Flaming Cliffs. $14.99 now $11.99 (20% off)
Trailer

Su-25: DCS Flaming Cliffs. $14.99 now $11.99 (20% off)
Trailer

Note:
As these are products on sale, purchases during this sale will not be applied to the DCS Customer Bonus System.

2014 is already shaping up to be a very exciting year for DCS with some great developments:

1 - The impending release of DCS version 1.2.8. You can read the preliminary change log at the end of this letter.

2 - We are making great progress on implementing our new graphics engine into DCS version 1.3.0 later this year. The new engine brings several important improvements, notably: improved visual qualities, DX11 effects, improved performance, and the ability to support multiple maps including the long-awaited Nevada Test and Training Range (NTTR) map!

3 - While we continue to update several of our existing aircraft like the F-15C, Su-27, Su-33 and MiG-29, the team is also hard at work on new aircraft including the Fw-190 and F/A-18C Hornet.

4 - Our third party partners have also been very busy! 2014 will see the release of several new third party aircraft including the BAE Hawk, MiG-21Bis and F-86F Saber.

5 - In additional to our traditional focus on aircraft, we are also gradually expanding and improving the ground combat component of DCS World. Not only does this include continued improvements and additions to Combined Arms, but also work towards our first DCS level armor vehicle simulation.
Exciting times!

Edited by SilverDragon
  • Like 1

To sum it up, "keep waiting..."

Funny they don't even mention the T-2 Buckeye or Mirage 2000C for 2014.

Which means they either don't have as much confidence in their release this year, or they felt the other 3 were more likely/more popular.

I knew the 21 was imminent, but not the 86F. That and the 2000C I am interested in, but by no means are they certain buys for me. Having preordered/funded the 21bis in 2012, almost exactly 2 years ago, I will wait for these to actually come out and others to fly them and give an at least "adequate" review beforehand.

The unasked/unanswered question is "will there be a 1.2.9 or will 1.3.0 be the next major release?" I don't know what it might have, although my guess is the 21bis since it missed 1.2.8.

The Mig-21bis is imminent, but where is going to be available to download? At DCS site? And how much do you think it is going to costs?

Tomorrow is 30th March (oficial release date) and Monday will be 31st March (last day of the Spring sale).

The Mig-21Bis was delayed after Beczl Studios "disappear" and LeatherNeck Studios rescue the project of cancellation. The team lost 2 mouth of legal issues before continue develop, now I thing the Mig-21Bis not be release to DCS: W 1.2.8. except surprise. 1.2.9 has be a more realistic deadline.