Sign in to follow this  
tacoscent

Windows 7 Weapon Editor Trouble

Wow, been a very long time since I posted here.Before I stopped playing this game I could do tons of things, just about anything I wanted to any plane/weapon to make it do what I wanted. I miss that and I decided to come back and install wings over israel for another go. However I have encountered a problem, and I am unsure if I encountered this before or not, so I figured I would ask here.

I have downloaded the mirage weapon pack right out of the gate, after I installed the latest patch of the game. I am well aware of the compatibility issues the weapons editor has, so I changed it to windows 95 or 98 like normal. Sure enough, the weapons editor opened just like it should. However, when I go and press OPEN on the weapons editor, to open the weapon.ini file, it doesn't do anything. The weapon editor stays open, but none of the options it has do anything, there is simply no response. Its been at least 4 years since I played this game so its very possible I forgot some special step in the formula to make this work. 

Does anyone have/had this issue and get it worked out? Thanks for the help gents.

tacoscent,

Try running the weapons editor while it's still zipped.  It works for me that way.

Thanks Geary, could you point me to the direction of a zipped weapon editor? or do I just need to create it myself?

umm.... like download it, but DON'T unzip it. Place the zip on your desktop, let the unzipper open it, and run the exe from there

I have never used a Weapon Editor before - am I to assume that it allows you to increase the amount of payload and expand the variety of weapons which each aircraft can carry ?  :flyer:

Rusty, have you LOOKED in the Knowledge Base???

http://combatace.com/forum/189-adding-weapons/

now, some issues may be present with 1stGens running in Win7, but this should at least get you started in the right direction

Thank you Wrench, I understand that this is a complicated matter and I will have to look into it a bit more. But thanks for pointing me in the right direction  :good: