Does anyone here fly the P-51? I can never find anyone in servers who fly these things. I would like to fly with or against other players. Either co-op or adversary. I never get to really test myself against other flyers. Although I'm sure I'd be Swiss cheese more often than not.

Are you serious??? No one flies a P-51 here? Wow!

Never on line. Very seldom do any multi-player.

I do MP with the jets and helos. The P-51 is literally a one-trick pony until DCS WWII is done. I need a WWII environment with more than a Dora and other Mustangs, with tanks and boats and bombers and such. It's a great P-51 sim, it's not yet a great WWII P-51 combat sim.

I fully agree with you Jedi. I was pretty disappointed when I first downloaded it and had no compatible adversaries to go against. But I found quite a bit of light armored vehicles that can work ok until the WWII package comes along. I still love the P-51 head and shoulders above most of the other DCS planes. But then, I am a WWII plane buff.

I also have the Huey, A-10A, A-10C. But I don't play around with the A-10s much. The Huey is pretty fun, but also kind of out of place on any server. Both it and the P-51 don't really stand a chance against most of the competition on the internet. That's kind of why I look for people to fly with.

I only have the Ka-50 as it was the first DCS title. I don't have either of the others because, as you said, their current utility is also limited until the "World" is rounded out.

I would say I spend the most time in the 25T, A-10C, Ka-50, and F-15C. I spend very little time in the A-10A, 25, MiGs or Flankers, but that's more because I don't have many missions using them. Well, actually I have several with A-10A and C slots, but I tend to pick the C more just because I know the A so well and I'm STILL learning the C. :grin:

Mostly fly the A-10A myself - although the P-51 is very easy regarding switchology so good to start up. I really like the flying through the hoop missions and I have done mostly those since it took 35 mins to down a 190!

If i ever get a better connection I might do more online

Yeah...that 190 has no governed limitations whatsoever. Nor do the other P-51's in the custom missions.  Even on Average skill, they outfly you pretty easily. And the AI Hueys in custom missions....forget it. They're useless as tits on a boar hog. They won't respond to any of your commands. All they do is mirror your movements and try to stay in formation with you no matter what you do.  

On line is pretty much a bunch of guys just like me who aren't top gun candidates but like to fool around with other fliers. I have yet to engage another person in the P-51 in a server. Most people fly co-op missions. That's pretty fun. But most of the servers do not use TS so the only communication you can do is through chat. I don't know why TS has become so......un-used these days.

As far as all of these new releases from DCS, I really don't have a clue as to what they have planned for them. It always seemed to me that DCS is kind of long on ambition and short on delivery. The WWII setup probably would never happen if a few select people weren't involved. From my understanding, it's not an ED thing but is being done by outside people. I also remember reading about a Las Vegas theater, or something like that but it never happened.

I enjoy flying their planes but as a company they fail to deliver more often than not. I suppose that there are a lot of guys who would argue that point with me but that's the beauty of being a person. You have your own opinions and thoughts.  

Nevada is close, it's waiting for Edge to be finished. Whether Nevada comes out with 1.3.0 or shortly thereafter hasn't been stated that I've seen, however 1.3.0 is a prerequisite for Nevada.