Sign in to follow this  
gavagai

Why does my flight always bug out?

I can check off a list of things that should make our flight more willing to flight:

Elite squadron? Check.

Altitude advantage? Check.

Numerical advantage? Check.

Over friendly territory? Check.

Yet, again and again, Jasta 2 bugs out the moment an enemy aircraft appears.  It seems to happen almost 50% of the time.  Most recently there was a single Spad 7 at a lower altitude, and that caused all eight Jasta 2 scouts to bug out for home.  Why? :blink:

Edited by gavagai

Try "AI Always Engages" option in the Workshop.   I'm not sure how realistic it is, but it certainly makes for more fights and longer ones as well.

Edited by Hellshade

Yeah, I was hoping not to do that.  When the WOFF AI works, it works very well.  I really like that the AI tries to save its skin by running away.  Something seems amiss with how it evaluates the tactical situation.

It is not normal, that your flight bugs out ALL the time.

"AI always engages" is not the solution - the new AI in WOFF is a masterpiece,

which would be ignored by that selection.

You should try another squadron, make sure that you have the new patch 1.21;

if it is still that way with several squadrons, you should reinstall IMHO.

Edited by Olham

Olham is right. That is not normal behavior.

Did you check the mission log file. It has the squad morale determined at the begining of each mission. This could be a factor.

Here is an example of my wingman's condition at the start of the mission:

<Unit ID="9571" Type="RAF_BE2c_SQ1" Skill="2" Morale="6" Payload="0" FuelPct="85" AmmoPct="100" PilotFirstName="Robert" PilotLastName="Bernard"/>

Very low skill with average morale. I'd say he would jump ship at the first sign of trouble.

If it's not the case with your situation, then I'm stumped.

Only a thought- there is an issue with using blip switch or leaning too much as flight leader. You are loosing the command over your flight in that case, the fellow pilots are considering you as damaged, another comrade takes over and your flight is often aborting its mission.

Are you using the blip switch or manual mixture and are you leading? I have this issue and have to avoid to use the blip switch or lean too much... Could lead to your described behaviour...

I'm not the flight leader.  I haven't patched up to 1.21.  I'll see if that helps.  Thanks for the suggestions.