Sign in to follow this  

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and see that this is a truly committed community with excellent mods. I flew my way from falcon, dcs, il2 to strike fighters. I was grounded for several years due to professional reasons. Now, with limited time available, I want more flying and less reading (manuals). I found strike fighters the perfect match! And, I must say...it feels really immersive! It is the perfect combination between realism and playability. I enjoy it! Altough I see it as an early jet era sim. The lesser extend of complexity of those jets are perfect for these kind of sims. That's were it's suited for the most in my opinion.

But...I must say that I found the way sf2 works, especially the way it can be modded confusing.

I succeded in installing the rends europe enhancement mod, eventually. It is truly great work! However, the Israël mod by Stary is a mistery for me.

Maybe I have to explain that I installed both of the games on a different location on Win 7 machine( asus i5 laptop). On my d drive instead of my c drive. For WOE, i could find all the folders, including the so. called mod folders.

But for wings over Israel... There is no folder such as the modfolder like there is for WOE! I can't find it! Apart from the original install folder on my d drive. I did what was decribed. Opened the game ones, searched in user/saved games/ etc... I find the folder for WoE but no Israel folder!

So, I have no place to put the folders in... I don't understand.

HELP! Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance.

You have SF2I & SF2E I presume not the first gen WOI & WOE - because there is a big difference.

Welcome to CA

These games really are designed to be installed together (merged)......... then inside your mod folder you will have folders for SF2E and another for SF2I into which you can put all your mods. I actually run most of all my mods just through SF2E that way everything is accessible through one exe. file.......exept for total conversions like ODS or Vietnam with the expansion pack.

You might want to have a good look through the knowledge base http://combatace.com/forum/268-thirdwire-strike-fighters-2-series-knowledge-base/

Hope that helps

Cheers

Romflyer

Hey,

Thanks for the quick replies! I do have woe2 and Woi2. And, i ran the israel exe first. At least that's what i think. I presume that since i played it before that must have been the case, right? Or is there another 'hidden' exe file? I clicked on the exe file in the installation folder so....

The funny thing is that i managed to create the mod folders of woe. Now, woi... Seems to be a different story... They don't appear anywhere... Probably me doing something wrong or? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Any possibility it might has something to do with the different (vs default) location of the installed game? D drive instead of c drive?

A lot of people get the location of where mods are installed and the games are installed mixed up because the Strike Fighters games (SF2 series) use a different location for mods that than the Wings Over games (SF1 series) did. You are not alone in having to work through this issue.

You should read this. What is the "Mod Folder"? it should answer you issue on where mods go.

Edited by KJakker

and DO try to keep the terminology straight ..

WoI2 and WoE2 are things that do NOT exist... this is part of the confusion created

SF2:I - isreal

SF2:E - Europe

everything in the "NextGens" is SF2 ** (name of wherever).  So, keeping the names straight helps us in trying to figure out your problem.

and DO read the threads in the Knowledge Base. While things in SF2 do set up the same, folder structure wise, as mentioned they ARE in different locations.

I strongly suggest that you un-install SF2I and then re-install it into the default location, you will then have the correct mod folders all in one convenient spot as they are supposed to be.

Oh shit...I realise I created quite a confusion. I might have confused myself the most though. I'm sorry for that. But, I think I know what's going on... Now I have to find the courage to tell you all this...way to make a first impression... Ok here ot goes.

I own SF2 Europe. I bought and downloaded this last week. And I have ... Wings over Israel! So that's were it all went wrong! I bought this a couple of years ago, and redownloaded this. I figured it was the last version. Why? Well, because the older 'wings over Israel' is not suppose to work on a win7 machine! But I've been playing it this week without any problems at all. In addition I always thought I had the latest SF 2 version. It is until now that I realize I have the older version! I've read somewere that the older series don't use the modgolder. That explains a lot

I want to add that I really do not rush to post for some help. I did all the reading in advance about the mod folder etc. But it was so confusing for me that I didn't found any of the folders for my Israel game while my SF2 europe was the way I read about. Now I know why! I hope you understand.

Again thank you all, you guys surely helped me to see the light!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By dtmdragon

View File F-4E Kurnass Israeli Airforce pack
      F-4E Kurnass Israeli Airforce pack
      Included:
      - F-4E_Kurnass  
      - F-4E_Kurnass_72
      - F-4E_Kurnass_73
      - F-4E_Kurnass_75
      - F-4E_Kurnass_78
      - F-4E_Kurnass_2000
      - some new weapons
      Animation / Function
      - Canopy
      - Hook
      - Air Refuel
      - Wing fold ______________ only on hard wing F-4E´s
      - Gun Vent ______________ automatic when gun is fired or as soon as the landing gear is deployed
      - Brake Chute____________ works with the Air Brake below 150kts (Excludes F-4E Kurnass (78) & F-4E Kurnass 2000)

NOTE:
      - This mod replaces existing TW and TMF aircrafts , please remove the existing folders before installing this mod , the existing skins / textures will no longer fit !!!!
      NOTE:
      - Stock TW squadron decals are used but with more detailed higher resolution versions that have panel lines and rivets etc for the Isreali Airforce Kurnass squadrons: 69, 105, 107, 119 & 201
      NOTE:
      - Some texture folder names may seem unusual but it is to create continuity to avoid the bug that stops an aircraft upgrading during a campaign if the texture folder names don't match.
      NOTE:
      - There were multiple separate F-4E deliveries prior to the 1973 war and due to the variations in the Blocks all sorts of different configurations of ECM antenna, strike camera, slats/ flaps, 'slime' lights,  MIDAS4 etc. Not to mention local upgrades of 'slime' lights, MIDAS4 muzzle mods and slat instillations. Now throw in the Operation Nickle Grass emergency aid ex USAF aircraft during the war! I have rounded them all up into the first three in-game variants below:
      F-4E_Kurnass       (with & without 'slimers')        
      F-4E_Kurnass_72    (Hard-Wing & MIDAS4)    
      F-4E_Kurnass_73    (Soft-Wing & MIDAS4)
      Hangar screens are in 1920 x 1080
      Installation:
      - Drop all files into your mod folder the way they are setup in this pack and overwrite if ask to
      - If you are unsure about the way how mods are installed, check the knowledge base at CombatAce!
      - Campaigns folder contains the stock TW 1973 Yom Kippur War and 1982 Lebanon War campaigns modified to include the aircraft, weapons and textures in this pack.
      Credits:
      - original model by TW , BPAO , Crab_02
      - cockpits from TW & ravenclaw_007
      - AUP cockpit Avionics by Cusader
      - F-4E USAF pack uploaded by ravenclaw_007
      - TISEO made by Crusader
      - original F-4E and Kurnass 2000 Templates from Sundowner
      - new updated model , textures and weapons by ravenclaw_007
      - original F-4E Kurnass 2000 and Super Phantom for Strike Fighters 2 by dtmdragon, Wrench and Sundowner
      - fake pilot F-4 chaff/flare by ravenclaw_007
      - new Walleye II ERDL Mk.23 Mod 1 by ravenclaw_007
      - myself (dtmdragon) for modification of the F-4E USAF pack into an Israeli specific F-4E Kurnass pack with IAF textures, weapons, loadouts and campaign mods
       CA fair use agreement applies.
      Dan.
      Submitter dtmdragon Submitted 07/18/2022 Category F-4  
    • By dtmdragon
      F-4E Kurnass Israeli Airforce pack
      Included:
      - F-4E_Kurnass  
      - F-4E_Kurnass_72
      - F-4E_Kurnass_73
      - F-4E_Kurnass_75
      - F-4E_Kurnass_78
      - F-4E_Kurnass_2000
      - some new weapons
      Animation / Function
      - Canopy
      - Hook
      - Air Refuel
      - Wing fold ______________ only on hard wing F-4E´s
      - Gun Vent ______________ automatic when gun is fired or as soon as the landing gear is deployed
      - Brake Chute____________ works with the Air Brake below 150kts (Excludes F-4E Kurnass (78) & F-4E Kurnass 2000)

NOTE:
      - This mod replaces existing TW and TMF aircrafts , please remove the existing folders before installing this mod , the existing skins / textures will no longer fit !!!!
      NOTE:
      - Stock TW squadron decals are used but with more detailed higher resolution versions that have panel lines and rivets etc for the Isreali Airforce Kurnass squadrons: 69, 105, 107, 119 & 201
      NOTE:
      - Some texture folder names may seem unusual but it is to create continuity to avoid the bug that stops an aircraft upgrading during a campaign if the texture folder names don't match.
      NOTE:
      - There were multiple separate F-4E deliveries prior to the 1973 war and due to the variations in the Blocks all sorts of different configurations of ECM antenna, strike camera, slats/ flaps, 'slime' lights,  MIDAS4 etc. Not to mention local upgrades of 'slime' lights, MIDAS4 muzzle mods and slat instillations. Now throw in the Operation Nickle Grass emergency aid ex USAF aircraft during the war! I have rounded them all up into the first three in-game variants below:
      F-4E_Kurnass       (with & without 'slimers')        
      F-4E_Kurnass_72    (Hard-Wing & MIDAS4)    
      F-4E_Kurnass_73    (Soft-Wing & MIDAS4)
      Hangar screens are in 1920 x 1080
      Installation:
      - Drop all files into your mod folder the way they are setup in this pack and overwrite if ask to
      - If you are unsure about the way how mods are installed, check the knowledge base at CombatAce!
      - Campaigns folder contains the stock TW 1973 Yom Kippur War and 1982 Lebanon War campaigns modified to include the aircraft, weapons and textures in this pack.
      Credits:
      - original model by TW , BPAO , Crab_02
      - cockpits from TW & ravenclaw_007
      - AUP cockpit Avionics by Cusader
      - F-4E USAF pack uploaded by ravenclaw_007
      - TISEO made by Crusader
      - original F-4E and Kurnass 2000 Templates from Sundowner
      - new updated model , textures and weapons by ravenclaw_007
      - original F-4E Kurnass 2000 and Super Phantom for Strike Fighters 2 by dtmdragon, Wrench and Sundowner
      - fake pilot F-4 chaff/flare by ravenclaw_007
      - new Walleye II ERDL Mk.23 Mod 1 by ravenclaw_007
      - myself (dtmdragon) for modification of the F-4E USAF pack into an Israeli specific F-4E Kurnass pack with IAF textures, weapons, loadouts and campaign mods
       CA fair use agreement applies.
      Dan.
    • By toot

View File Israeli Mig-21F-13 "007" stock
      During Operation Diamond an iraqi pilot has decided to defect from iraq with his family, and so he had landed his Mig-21 F-13 in israel. This acquisition of the new and advanced soviet fighter has given israel alot of insight on its capabilities, and how to fight againts it. During it's service with the israeli airforce (and the US airforce), it has took on several paint schemes, this being the final and most used one.

To install simply follow this steps:
      1) Drop "007 camo" into Objects->Aircraft->Mig--21F.
      2) Drop "Mig-21F" into Objects->Decals.

Credits: 
      Spinners- Providing the stock tw mig-21F-13 template
      Submitter toot Submitted 01/30/2023 Category Israeli Origin  
    • By toot
      During Operation Diamond an iraqi pilot has decided to defect from iraq with his family, and so he had landed his Mig-21 F-13 in israel. This acquisition of the new and advanced soviet fighter has given israel alot of insight on its capabilities, and how to fight againts it. During it's service with the israeli airforce (and the US airforce), it has took on several paint schemes, this being the final and most used one.

To install simply follow this steps:
      1) Drop "007 camo" into Objects->Aircraft->Mig--21F.
      2) Drop "Mig-21F" into Objects->Decals.

Credits: 
      Spinners- Providing the stock tw mig-21F-13 template
    • By JaneyBananey
      Howdy y'all!
      So, I installed Wings Over Europe via Steam, promptly updated it to the October 2008 patch, and fixed the stuttering by using the ENB patch for Skyrim (of all things). I also cribbed the DDraw.dll from the DgVoodoo install, which prevented the game crashing when pressing escape at the end of a mission. A couple of things to note here:
      - The renderer indicated in the options menu is not ENB, but my GPU still. Despite this, the game runs perfectly fine.
      - I turned the shadows down from Unlimited to High as I read on a forum post that this could help with z-fighting, but this did not solve the issue. I will turn it back up to Unlimited if it is all the same.
      - There are absolutely no other graphical issues in the sim what so ever, no matter the aircraft, time of day, or weather.
      The issue I am describing in the title appears like so in sim. I took three screenshots so you could see the way the dark boxes flicker on surfaces. It is not just aircraft, either, but also terrain. It seems to get culled in a circle as I turn my head with TrackIR:

As you can see, my wingman gets periodically eaten by this weird black blob. I am at a loss as to how to fix it, and if it cannot be fixed, that's completely understandable given the Biblical age of the engine. Thanks in advance!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..