Can your Spitfire Mk. I be turned/converted to a Mk. V like the real ones?

and there's something wrong with the Mk 5s that Daniel (Cocas) and I released recently?? (not speaking of my camo-pattern line up foul ups!)

Edited by Wrench

and there's something wrong with the Mk 5s that Daniel (Cocas) and I released recently?? (not speaking of my camo-pattern line up foul ups!)

Not necessarily wrong, just that MM's Mks I & V look more realistic.

We (TMF/MM) never had a Mk 5. Just the Mk.1  and an unfinished Mk.9.

I should know, I have the Max file for the Mk.9. Don't know if the Mk.1 MAX files even exist anymore.

----------------------

Unrealistic?

you have no idea how much work we put into those Mk.5s; Daniel's own personal time, away from far more important Real Life issues, just to try and get something out as FREEWARE, so people don't have to crawl over to "the other place" and deal with their restrictions.

I can't even put into words, in text, that expresses my feelings, at the insult such a statement entails.

unbelievable!

well, that's gratitude for ya.

It´s a matter to add some cannon bulges and the cannons itself via fake pilot. The TMF Spit looks much better than Cocas´s - no offense - I´m a member of Cocas Fan Club!

We (TMF/MM) never had a Mk 5. Just the Mk.1  and an unfinished Mk.9.

I should know, I have the Max file for the Mk.9. Don't know if the Mk.1 MAX files even exist anymore.

----------------------

Unrealistic?

you have no idea how much work we put into those Mk.5s; Daniel's own personal time, away from far more important Real Life issues, just to try and get something out as FREEWARE, so people don't have to crawl over to "the other place" and deal with their restrictions.

I can't even put into words, in text, that expresses my feelings, at the insult such a statement entails.

unbelievable!

well, that's gratitude for ya.

To be fair, Amariani's first post did not mention comparison with Cocas' Spitfire. 

It was only when challenged that he used the words "MM's Mks I & V look more realistic" in the context of comparison. Nowhere does he state that Cocas' Spitfire was 'unrealistic'.

if something is stated as being "more realistic", that implies that something else is "less realistic". At least, that's how I was taught logic

Adding such items via the Fake pilot method induces various visual oddities -- they won't disappear in the 'no cockpit view", as I'm sure you've all see rockets and bombs hanging from nothing many times.

As none of us (TMF/MM) know where the MK.1's MAX files are, that leaves use with trying to reverse model the mk.9 into a mk.5*. I'm sure it can be done; it's just a "simple matter" of removing meshes, building new ones and so forth , but who's going to do it?

We're almost out of modelers, as indicated by the relative lack of new-builds for any era. Those few remaining are usually up to their eyeballs in their own projects. Think about that ... we've got THREE - count 'em!!- 3 people building ww2 stuff. And not many more for other eras

So, again, we're back to square one.

*(and while we're at it, why not turn it into a Griffon Mk.VII, eh?)

Edited by Wrench

Well, let me star by apologizing to any and everyone that might have felt offended by my post. I do appreciate the work done by the modders here at CA.

Regarding my first post, it was simply a question, not a request. As for my second post, I just tried to give my most honest answer. It was never my intention to offend anyone, much less bash/put down/complain/undermine the work done by Cocas or anybody else.

Again, my apologies.

• Like 3

Thank you, Sr. Mariani.

I, too, may have gone a bit "off the deep end."

Like many others, I'm very (perhaps TOO passionate) about that era in history.

Having been modding this series since 2004 (not counting my awful first attempts at hangar screens earlier), I like many others have been watching the downward trends in SF and SF2; we all can see the writing on the wall. It doesn't read well.

Let's just call it a day.

if something is stated as being "more realistic", that implies that something else is "less realistic". At least, that's how I was taught logic

So why not use the term 'less realistic'. You chose to use 'unrealistic'. Totally different meaning.