Thirdwire Runways 2014

Thirdwire runways for SF2 series

Unlike the previous packs these include runways rescaled and reworked to Thirdwire standard and have the names of the Thirdwire runway textures - so this just replaces the stock ones.

A lot of existing runways use textures to this scaling so they can be used with those also.

includes 4 different sets with different runway colours - Covers 5 default runways in SF2 / SF2V / SF2E / SF2I

Just pick a set - the game will use just the one set.

• Like 2

Looking forward to downloading this after work tonight. Thanks MB.

Thank you! Can't wait to try these new textures. BTW are you planning to update the textures for Iceland too? And what do you suggest? Are all of these 4 sets suitable for South East Asian, European and Arctic (Bering Strait, for instance) terrains, or were some sets made for specific regions?

Edited by blaze95

Very precious and beautiful stuff!!! Thanks a lot!

Thank you! Can't wait to try these new textures. BTW are you planning to update the textures for Iceland too? And what do you suggest? Are all of these 4 sets suitable for South East Asian, European and Arctic (Bering Strait, for instance) terrains, or were some sets made for specific regions?

Personal preference really -

Sets 1 & 2 sandy terrains,

Sets 2 - 4 all

Will probably change some of Iceland from this

http://combatace.com/files/file/13865-sf2na-runway-lights-and-textures/

Personal preference really -

Sets 1 & 2 sandy terrains,

Sets 2 - 4 all

Will probably change some of Iceland from this

http://combatace.com/files/file/13865-sf2na-runway-lights-and-textures/

Thanks for the response. When I wrote "update" I was already thinking of your mod for Iceland, which I have downloaded at its time. Keep up the good work!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Lex2Limit
      Hi Folks,
      Sorry for my late introduction. I've been on board here for a few years, but have only ever been a spectator.  I'd like to get actively involved as well and will put a couple mods here on the board.
      I have made a few modifications to F-14 (TW and TMF) cockpits, but specifically I am working on a graphical upgrade for the F/A-18 cockpit from Brain32. Especially on the DDI's
      My problem:
      Can someone help me redefine the textures for the ICP.
      For the F/A-18 A cockpit there is only one texture for the counters - DDI_Counter_1. I would like to have my own definition for the ICP. DDI_counter_3, because for the F/A-18C cockpit there are already two. (fuel)
      So that it looks in the end like this:

The result till now is this:

I make the whole Font as Glass Gauge. It's a free font it will match for the hud and DDi's but not for the ICP. (Like DCS F/A-18C)
      Nice Greets 
      Lex
    • By MigBuster

View File SF2NA Runways 2 (2014)
      Adds runway & taxi lights and higher detailed runways & taxi, parking areas to Iceland Air bases in SF2 North Atlantic.
      Submitter MigBuster Submitted 04/18/2014 Category Base Mods  
    • By MigBuster

View File Do It Yourself Runway & Taxi sets
      Separate sets of Runways, taxiways and ramps in different colours - you will need to rename the files for in game use - as per the README
      Submitter MigBuster Submitted 03/17/2014 Category Base Mods  
    • By swambast
      Hi guys, question primarily intended for 3ds max users/modelers but feel free to contribute if you have an idea!

Assume we have an x-plane with a texture applied (two simple intersecting planes).  The game by default does not render shadowing nor catch shadowing using the plane primitives.  Also, depending on the lighting angle - one side of the plane’s texture may be “bright” while the other plane’s texture is dark.  Is there some way to apply a texture to the planes so that the texture “brightness” remains constant regardless of lighting?
    • By MigBuster
      Adds runway & taxi lights and higher detailed runways & taxi, parking areas to Iceland Air bases in SF2 North Atlantic.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..