Dave

Russian Fighter Jet Buzzed U.S. Ship: Officials

uhhh The USS Donald Cook , her current home base is Rota , Spain, as part of the missile defense in europe... The russians did on purpouse and trying (as always) to generate troubles..... They are nothig but they still want to be "importants".

"It would be well for your government to consider that having your ships and ours, your aircraft and ours, in such proximity is inherently dangerous. Wars have begun that way, Mr. Ambassador."

• Like 4

"The 80's is calling, and they want their foreign policy back."

A snarky punch line from the Presidential debates.....

If ukranians over ran a police station in Russia...russians wouldnt take it back in an assault? but hold back in case the ukranians invaded russia in defence of their fellow countrymen...yeah right...putin needs a kick up the arse pronto...he needs to wake up to reality

I bet the crew of the su-24 were wondering if they would get a missile up the ass?....wonder if they were ordered to do the buzzes?...bet they were,and bet they didnt enjoy it...thinking they may get a burnt ass..

Edited by russouk2004

wonder if they were ordered to do the buzzes?...bet they were,

To stay with Dave (and I'm working from memory, so I apologize for any errors, but the gist is there),

"The Russkies don't take a dump without a plan."

and bet they didnt enjoy it...

Would you have? I wonder what kind of meal he got before he took off? In Japan it was ceremonial sake. In the US a doomed man is given whatever he likes.

Lets just say, he's lucky not to be swimming home, what an ass hat.

Thank the current president for this bullshit. No prior president would put up with this bullshit, well maybe Jimmy Carter.

• Like 1

You cant really blame Obama for being up against the wall when George W. Bush invaded Iraq off false WMD testimony. Mind you all I am saying from the middle ground as i think the entire US Government is being run by jackasses in both parties. 

That Russian aircrew is lucky they arent a smoking hole in the sky. The last thing you want to mess with is a guided missile destroyer that is a basically waterborne SAM porcupine. 

• Like 3

i think the whole US/west should not blame russia for a situation they ignited with trying to box russia in with military installation and missile shields and whatever since the coldwar.

maybe sometimes the US will get it. the US did similar things also on the brink of War and nobody complaint, but if the "evil"  russians did the same they are the devil it self.

the next thing about the whole conflict in the ukraine that bothers me are the one sided view of the media. that putin didn´t want to give up the only military harbour in the black sea was pure logic.

come on what would the US do if hawaii wanted to join Russia and if so the Harbour for the Pacific Fleet is gone.

i for my self think the world is a better place if the USA can´t do what they want without to have to think what russia would do as next step.

netherless:

dearus1vjzi.jpg

Edited by dast24
  • Like 2

Well, that´s what they make those DDGs for, don´t they? Anyway, if the russians meant to sink one, i guess they would try with Subs first

Dast, sure, draw the same map for Russia and make sure to remember that Ukraine, Georgia etc... are not Russia and we can talk like reasonable people or else it's the usual "Imperialism is when it's done by someone else".

• Like 2

Dast now get me the map of all the countries that rely on US aid. Now I am not saying we should be doing anything about the Ukriane however buzzing a DDG is a good way your get your ass shot down.  

• Like 1

You cant really blame Obama for being up against the wall when George W. Bush invaded Iraq off false WMD testimony. Mind you all I am saying from the middle ground as i think the entire US Government is being run by jackasses in both parties. 

Pretty much sums it up and the main reason why the US is leading the world in expenditures/treasure (spent) but lagging behind in a lot of other things (education, economic growth, etc.)

It maybe lonely at the top, but we are pretty much going to unseat ourselves at the rate we are going...

join-or-die.jpg

Edited by ironroad

oh in regards of buzzing that DDG: unfortunatly the article doesn´t give any informations what the DDG did before or how close it was to russian ships.^^

maybe the DDG entered a security area of a russian vessel, harbour or fishing boat.  or maybe the russian pilots want to take pictures of the DDG for privat collection :-D

Edited by dast24

It was in the Black Sea which Russia thinks it owns too. 

I just can't imagine the stupidity at work here. You know the aircraft was painted and locked the entire time it was a threat. The pilot was watching his radar detection system melt while his radio was requiring his attention. You don't go around threatening destroyer platforms and get away unharmed. I give the US Naval Officer who kept his head about him great credit and praise. Needless stupid escalation of a situation that is already messed up. The region has real problems and they had them before Russia decided to step in.

As for the map and not our problem. I agree only if Germany removes itself from the NATO countries.

Col. Nathan R. Jessup: "You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives! You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall. We use words like "honor", "code", "loyalty". We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you", and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!" 

• Like 2

That should be the one chance they get, buzz a US ship or interfere in our allies or friends nation and the next plane or " unmarked troops" should end up in the dirt...permanently.Sorry but if you pussy foot around with Putin he will just keep escalating things. Slam him back hard or he won't stop.Anyone with half a brain understands what game he is playing we have shown weakness politically the last few years so he is testing how far and how much he can take before the Europeans stop cowering and the US finds it's balls.

Edited by whiteknight06604

I really hope they were tracking them. I´m sure an AEGIS ship could just microwave an aircraft down, but shit happens, and look at what the USS Stark had. It would be, at least "awkward" if some russian missile carrier bomber blew off the water a Burke while engaging loyalist Ukranian vessels

That should be the one chance they get, buzz a US ship or interfere in our allies or friends nation and the next plane or " unmarked troops" should end up in the dirt...permanently.Sorry but if you pussy foot around with Putin he will just keep escalating things. Slam him back hard or he won't stop.Anyone with half a brain understands what game he is playing we have shown weakness politically the last few years so he is testing how far and how much he can take before the Europeans stop cowering and the US finds it's balls.

Putin is willing to sacrifice as many russians as it best serves him, he would play with anyone facing the issue straight. An embargo would be wicked, yet the best way to solve it is shoving it up directly up Putin´s original shithole. Because he has made a new onw out of his mouth. If all he says are shameless lies and still feels an smartass, look at how much credibility is he going to have. He is making Dubya look like a saint

• Like 1

I will say this too. We weren't annexing Iraq, or Afghanistan. The Russians are straight up trying to take the Ukraine. All we ever asked for was a little land to bury our dead. 

• Like 1

hehe, yeah and the us never lies^^ golf of tonkin, WMD´s in iraq,...... the list goes on. me thinks same sh*t different hemisphere.

no right the US isnt annexing Iraq or other countries they bombed. what the mostly US do is even worse.

bring democratic revolutions with bombs. burning the country to the ground and go home with leaving it even more worse as it was before.

if you are playing worlds police force do it right and do the whole job. and dont blame countries who do the same.

democratic revolution with bombs worked only once. germany 1945.

for georgia conflict: the us is doing police actions for more than 50years world wide. and if russia/china say´s no in the security council they do it anyway.

but than the US complains if someone else (in this case russia) do excactly the same thing. why is the US getting away with it.?!?! especially with the unlawful War against Iraq in 2003.

as far as i know no one was sentenced for it. why has anybody else accept responsibility for there action in Den Haag but the USA didn´t have to. i dont get it!

i mean come on "they have WMD!" sometimes later "uups the didnt have WMD´s......sry our bad" and thats it?!

it´s like  you kill your neighbor because he "killed" your wife, and than "ups, sry forgot that my wife visited her mother, my bad."

EDIT: dont get me wrong, i dont hate the US in general or so, but me thinks that some citizen there should wake up and question the stuff you got served by your politicans and media.

i also did not say the putin is a white knight, but he is also not the black knight.

EDIT2: but we got of track. sry for that

Edited by dast24

hehe, yeah and the us never lies^^ golf of tonkin, WMD´s in iraq,...... the list goes on. me thinks same sh*t different hemisphere.

no right the US isnt annexing Iraq or other countries the bombed. what the US do is even worse.

bring democratic revolutions with bombs. burning the country to the ground and go home with leaving it even more worse as it was before

democratic revolution with bombs worked only once. germany 1945.

I never said we were perfect. You're examples are prime ones. However having said that, though, how can you even justify what the Russians are doing? The same country who would of rolled through Germany with 12 armored divisions and swept it aside like it wasn't even there if NATO, backed HEAVILY by the US, wasn't a deterrent. The US is not perfect, far from it, however what Russia is doing is wrong. Not that we should do anything about it, because we shouldn't. Words are words and as far as I am concerned that is as far as we should go. It becomes a US problem when a Russian fighter starts fucking with one of our DDG's. The problem with our "allies" is they are short on memory and long on mouth.

• Like 2

I think the Russian Su-24 pilots felt just fine during the mission. Remember the Russians have been world innovators in ejection seat technology since the early 1950s......... thanks of course to the support given to their survival systems teams by the USAF and USN over the decades.

• Like 5

EDIT: dont get me wrong, i dont hate the US in general or so, but me thinks that some citizen there should wake up and question the stuff you got served by your politicans and media.

i also did not say the putin is a white knight, but he is also not the black knight.

I already do. That is why we shouldn't concerned with Russia when we have our own problems. But that DDG has the right to be in the Black Sea outside the 12 mile limit. Right, wrong or indifferent buzzing US Naval assets is a good way to start a war. 

I think the Russian Su-24 pilots felt just fine during the mission. Remember the Russians have been world innovators in ejection seat technology since the early 1950s......... thanks of course to the support given to their survival systems teams by the USAF and USN over the decades.

Now that's effin funny. :lmao:

• Like 1