Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Oh No.....Drones?

Hasn't this been done before?

http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/stealth-2005

MV5BNzMzNTY0NTYwOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTEx

Bruckheimer said that drone concept was cooked up by Tony Scott, the director of the first film who committed suicide in 2012.

That may explain the suicide...

"Top Gun" isn't the only one of the veteran producer's greatest hits that is getting revived. Bruckheimer is working on a sequel to "Beverly Hills Cop

" that will pair Eddie Murphy with director Brett Ratner ("Rush Hour").  Filming may start at the end of summer or the beginning of the fall, he said.

"I'm going to take Eddie back to Detroit," Bruckheimer said. "He's going to be in Beverly Hills, take him to Detroit. So, we're going to have some fun with him. And he's really excited about doing it."

triple_facepalm_super.jpg

Edited by ironroad

WTF? What's next, Total Recall without blood and fucking Colin...oh, wait...no...

Edited by macelena
  • Like 1

Christ, don't remind me about Stealth. I paid actual money to see that... :bad:

• Like 3

...and you will never get the time nor the money back for it either :P

• Like 2

This movie hasn't been made yet and already I wan't my money back.

The first was an incredible film, beautifully shot if not brilliantly acted. So many ideas were way ahead of the time. And the daring subtext, I mean, it was what? twenty years before Brokeback Mountain.

In all seriousness, I appreciate the movie for what it is, even if it did permanently label all Tomcat fans as Maverick wanna-bes. They don't need to make another.

Resistance is futile!

Christ, don't remind me about Stealth. I paid actual money to see that... :bad:

You and me both brother (whew glad I wasn't the only one) ... it was a nice plane though... that's about the only plus to that movie was the plane.

WTF? What's next, Total Recall without blood and fucking Colin...oh, wait...no...

The newer Total Recall was awesome. Much more like the book. 

I wouldn't want this movie to be made out of respect for the late Tony Scott.  Otherwise it's all like "Eh, we didn't need him anyway." :P

Then again, I suppose if the film centered on a 'rivalry' of sorts between Man vs. Machine, it could turn out to be slightly okay.

DatBritish.

The newer Total Recall was awesome. Much more like the book. 

To be honest, Phillip K Dick´s work has usually been the exception to the rule that the book was better than the film, Blade Runner being the prime example, at least in my opinion. The point about Total Recall, Blade Runner or Minority Report is that they are not as much as Phillip K Dick´s  as they are Paul Verhoeven, Ridley Scott or Steven Speilberg movies wich had a great underlaying idea wich was (again, in my opinion and taste) better done in the films that in the book. I didn´t like either of the books as much as i did with the films (yeah, even the Tom Cruise one...damn, this guy is everywhere in this topic) 

Paul Verhoeven is...well, a bit of a weirdo, but i liked his touch in Total Recall and the original Robocop. However, the new Recall, while you have to see it as an unrelated movie (even with the obvious homages) and is cool (as much as Minority Report was, aesthetically quite familiar despite the years gone by) is, automatically compared to the older version. Not that is was bad, as much as a drone Top Gun film could be awesome, but it lacks what made the original stand out. You just have to see them as different movies. I still haven´t watched the new Robocop, despite the cast, due to missing Verhoeven´s ludicrous gore.

AAAAAAAAAAAND i got the "Stealth" DVD. I just keep replaying the scene with Jessica Biel in a bikini, but still, that makes me the No.1 Fan in terms of commitment here

Because Jessica Biel, that´s why

Forget about the plot! What's going to become of Danger Zone?! [Archer mode off]