I finally decided that I am going to get some of the DLC however I am setting myself a $20 limit for this month.

These are the DLC that I am looking at right now.

AI Plane Pack 2

AI Plane Pack 1

F-21A Lion United States Navy and Marines

Hunter FGA.73 (75/82) Sultan of Oman's Air Force

A-4K Skyhawk Royal New Zealand Air Force

Any advice on whether or not I should swap any of the above DLC for another and if so which ones and why?

AI packs 1 & 2 are WELL worth it (for the Spitfires alone!) and it adds some new commie birds, too.

The Lion may be needed for the upcoming Top Gun mod (see missions and campaings forum)

Others I would recommend is the Oz Mirage IIIC  and the F-4N (which I don't have! and need to get too!)

AI packs 1 & 2 are WELL worth it (for the Spitfires alone!) and it adds some new commie birds, too.

The Lion may be needed for the upcoming Top Gun mod (see missions and campaings forum)

Others I would recommend is the Oz Mirage IIIC  and the F-4N (which I don't have! and need to get too!)

Oz? 

F-21A Lion United States Navy and Marines

Hunter FGA.73 (75/82) Sultan of Oman's Air Force

Both are awesome and the later Hunter can be nasty.

The F-4N is a must. AI packs are good too. As for the rest, me thinks there is better here on site, BUT..... get the DLCs that interest you to support TW. Its why i got the F-4 skinpacks, even though i like Sundowners better

Oz= RAAF

I like "Oz Mirage" cause it's alliterative. just rolls off the tounge

Edited by Wrench

I swapped the F-21A Lion for the F-4N. I'll get the F-21A and the Mirage IIIO Royal Australian Air Force next month. Thank you.

Do I have to worry about the DLC installation overwriting anything? 

Edited by KJakker

Yes it's just like patching. Same rules of backing up and reinstalling mods apply

I thought I had read something to that effect. Thanks you.

I would go with the AI pack 1 & 2 cause the other are just skins. You can even find comparable here at CA, for free

Of all phantoms, F-4N is the best there is around. F-4Ks are, in many regards, not too much to offer beyond Ms at times. F-4EJ may be hard to place, but the skins are a work of art.

Mirage III, all are must have. The Belgian one, is great and adds much needed variety to Euro79 campaign, the same applies to the MirageIIIC and Euro62. 

The AI packs rock too, and you can always make them flyable. 

Kiwi and Aussie Skyhawks are cool, but in the end, you may not fly them too often. A-4L and A-4A are even worse in that regard

Also, i would be careful with Hunters. Dutch and Omani are cool, but Swedes and Swiss, not so much.

F-21A kicks ass, but is late and perhaps too short a timeframe,

I would avoid Corsairs altogether. French Crusaders are cool, but realistically, much less capable than their US counterparts. And F-8K is not worth it.

EDIT: Summarizing, i would get the F-4N, one of the Mirages (3O, 3C and/or 5BA) and the AI packs

Edited by macelena

The Mirage 3 stuff is also great, was wondering about the fact, I have no Mirage 3C in my folder. I used the MF one all the years

The Kfir and F-4N are my favorites. The F-4K and Belgian Mirage 5 are close seconds.

Now that I'm on a stable internet connection I'll be able to get the AI packs and the Sultan's Hunters.

Edited by Viggen

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By kosmo92
      Hi
      I wanna buy Mission Editor DLC from thirdwire website. My question is: Is this mission Editor works with SF2 North Atlantic only , or I must install all SF2 series? (Europe,Israel, Vietnam, etc.)
    • By JamesWilson
      Hi everybody,
      I just got interested in the Operation Desert Storm mod, which is amazing imho.
      I haven't bought SF2 yet, and i see some planes (like the Tomcat) are not in the standard edition, but i should buy DLCs (North Atlantic expansion in this case).
      I've seen the Tomcat, among many other planes that are not included in the vanilla SF2 in the OP Desert Storm mod.
      Now i was wondering: do i need North Atlantic expansion or all DLCs for SF2 to get OP Desert Storm mod to work? Or even if i got no Tomcat in the vanilla game, as soon as i download the mod i'll get it together with all other planes and assets?
      Are all those things included in the mod, so i just need to install it, without having all SF2 DLCs bought?   Or all the "extra" planes and assets i see in the mod are there thanks to DLCs and expansion packs?
      Thank you very much for helping me out guys 
    • By 76.IAP-Blackbird

Attention Pilots!

The Annual Autumn Sale has begun in the IL-2 Official Webstore and on Steam! Save between 25% to 85% on most items. With the world still grappling with quarantines and lockdowns now is a great time to explore the Sturmovik universe in great depth by playing our Pilot Career or a Scripted Campaign or try your Tank Commander skills in our newly released Tan Crew – Clash at Prokhorovka or perhaps give multiplayers a try? There are so many gameplay options and something for every style of virtual pilot! 

The Annual Autumn sale runs from 10:00am PST November 25th to 10:00am PST December 1st in the IL-2 Official Webstore and on STEAM.

IL-2 GREAT BATTLES IN IL-2 OFFICIAL WEBSTORE

IL-2 IL-2 GREAT BATTLES ON STEAM

BOS – 85% Off
      BOM – 75% Off
      BOK – 75% Off
      BOBP – 66% Off
      FC1 – 66% Off

TC - 13% Off (Launch Discount on Steam Ends on 11/27)
      Hurricane Mk.II - 25% Off (Launch Discount on Steam Ends on 11/27)

Yak-9 – 30% Off
      Yak-9T – 30% Off
      Fw-190 D-9 – 66% Off
      P-38 J-15 – 66% Off
      U-2VS -75% Off
      Ju-52/3M – 75% Off
      Bf-109 G-6 – 75% Off
      Yak-1B – 75% Off
      Spitfire Mk. VB – 75 % Off
      LA-5FN – 75% Off
      HS-129 B-2 – 75% Off
      P-40E-1 – 85% Off
      Macchi MC.202 – 85% Off
      Fw-190 A-3 – 85% Off
      LA-5 Series 8 – 85% Off

Blazing Steppe – 75% Off
      Fortress on the Volga – 75% Off
      Ten Days of Autumn – 75% Off (Webstore Only)
      Havoc Over the Kuban – 75% Off (Webstore Only)
      Achtung Spitfire! – 75% Off (Webstore Only)
      Hell Hawks Over the Bulge – 30% Off (Webstore Only)
      Ice Ring – 30% Off (Webstore Only)

IL-2 DOVER SERIES IN IL-2 OFFICIAL WEBSTORE

IL-2 DOVER SERIES ON STEAM

Desert Wings Tobruk – 25% Off
      Cliffs of Dover Blitz – 75% Off

RISE OF FLIGHT IN ROF OFFICIAL WEBSTORE

RISE OF FLIGHT ON STEAM

All ROF Content – 75% Off

Enjoy!

See you in the skies!

The Sturmovik Team
    • By Lionheat
      Can anyone tell me where I can find mirage 3 EL and mirage 5 BA DLCs.
    • By MigBuster

View File Thirdwire F-104A/C Pack 1
      Thirdwire F-104A and C pack 1

----------------------------------------------------------
      THIS IS FOR THE THIRDWIRE F-104A/C (DLC28) MODELS ONLY (SF2).

Includes new Hi Res skins and revised flight models along with everything needed to fly them.

Variants:

F-104A (GE-3B engine & Internal Gun)
      USAF ADC & ANG, Jordan (RJAF), Pakistan (PAF), Taiwan (ROCAF)

F-104A (GE-11A engine)
      Pakistan (PAF)

F-104A (GE-19 engine)
      USAF ADC, Taiwan (ROCAF)
      Default is the initial high thrust rating - but an alternate data.ini is inluded for the reduced thrust GE-19 version.

F-104C (GE-7A engine)
      USAF TAC (shooting star silver schemes)

F-104C 1961 (GE-7A engine)
      Adds centerline AIM-9 catermaran under Project Grindstone (that was never used.)
      USAF TAC (Early Vietnam silver scheme)
      Submitter MigBuster Submitted 01/06/2015 Category F-104  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..