Sign in to follow this  
pieisgood

Afterburners causing drop in FPS

Hello all you knowledgeable people,

I have great FPS in the game, but on certain aircraft, engaging the afterburners will create a noticeable drop in FPS. It's nothing debilitating, but it definatally interrupts the flow. Ive tried tinkering with the in game graphics settings, but even putting effects down to low doesn't seem to take the edge off. My game runs 110% smoothly except on the few aircraft that have this problem. Is there an ini I can tweak or something?

Maybe those particular aircraft use an afterburner effect specially heavy in terms of processing or something

Some after market afterburner effects can look a lot better than the oem stock stuff from 3rd wire and require more computer power. I would try to swap out the effects with some of those. If that doesn't work you can always remove the effect.

Check the lightdistance in the ini. of the respective afterburner effect, some old entries from SF1 time have too large values for SF2, you can recognize that if flying by night and engage afterburners - you will notice it immediately, reduce the value to 5.0 it will give both, better performance and visual quality as cockpits don't go Las Vegas as you hit the afterburner :wink:

Brain 32, thank you so much for the advice, it worked like a charm! Problem instantly solved! :kudos:

Edited by pieisgood