UK_Widowmaker

Does AnKor's mod work on OFF?

Friend of mine has OFF...but not WOFF (his rig not up to the job..quite yet)

He's asked me if Ankor's mod works in OFF....does anyone know?

thanks 

Thank you Skyviper..I'll pass it on :)

Oh Hang on...that's  WOFF...Sorry, I meant OFF :)

Works fine for me too, and in CFS3 ETO expansion;

CFS3 2014-04-22 12-39-21-99.jpg

CFS3 2014-04-22 12-42-38-76.jpg

cfs3 2014-04-22 12-49-17-31.jpg

• Like 1

Well, I can't get it working in his OFF...everytime I install it..and run the Game (in QC) to test it...I get the 'Contact, Clear'...then it's like the mission ends...and I'm back to having to click 'Fly Now'..and the process is repeated :(

Widow;

I just tested it today and it worked for me. I'm using it as a JSGME mod and I tried it with and without the mod on.

I must be doing something wrong..works great in my WOFF

The folder and two files (shaders30 , dxd8.dll and dxd8.ini ) go to "CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields" folder.  That's it, can't make things simpler...

Does this install have an ENB active ? ( the old ENB for OFF was a dx8, so I changed it for a dx9 ENB )

Edited by corsaire31

For some reason it didn't work in OFF for me either, at first, with exactly the same symptom, despite reports at Sim Outhouse that it worked with OFF and stock CFS3. But I had to replace my graphics card - a GTS 250 for an 8800GT - and then it worked. Apparently you need to re-run CFS3.config and reset the screen resolution even if it looks right. Maybe also delete any driver profile for the OFF CFS3.exe in case there's some incompatibility somewhere that's not universal. But despite the GTS 250 being apparently from the same family as the 8800GT/9800GT and not updating drivers with the graphics card change, the mod now works fine in OFF and cFS3, where before it worked for me only in WOFF. Some weirdness at work, there.

Cheers LIMA...I'll give it a go..his Card is 'getting on a bit' but we'll see how I get on :)

Yes Corsaire..I figured that out cheers..it's a vanilla install, so no ENB :)

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Nope..as soon as those two files go anywhere near OFF...it does this same crap..remove them..works fine. So weird!!

Working great in his CFS3....can't understand it

Widow;

I wish I could help you with this but you have probably done what I am about to suggest.

make sure the following folder and files are in the "CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields" directory:

d3d8.dll

d3d8.ini

also be sure the above two files are the latest versions from Ankor and not some other older ones

Edited by rjw

Just out of curiosity, has anyone tried this mod with FSX or P3D?

Kind regards,

Dave

• Like 1

Well, I just installed it into Prepar3d Baldric...and I (think) it's made a difference....certainly hasn't done any harm..I'll try it in FSX and let you know.

Hi Rjw..yes, thanks..done that. We've kinda given up for now...He's looking at upgrading his PC and buying WOFF.. (suits me..I'm pissed off with going round there)

Didn't notice any difference in FSX m8...although I am running in DX10 mode... DX9 might be different..but as it's flying nicely..I'm not going to 'tinker' :)

• Like 1

Didn't notice any difference in FSX m8...although I am running in DX10 mode... DX9 might be different..but as it's flying nicely..I'm not going to 'tinker' :)

Hehe sorry, had to chuckle m8...the Do Not Tinker neon sign lit up when I was sitting here yesterday contemplating tossing it into my FSX just to see.  I finally got mine settled last spring with a minor blip in the summer when I added a mod that increased ground vehicles at the airports.  FSX is kinda like being married. I had switched over to P3D 1.4 but am still fudging with settings.  Mainly fly a lot of hours using "Air Hauler" (recently borked my company in a fit of downsizing).  Cheers for that !

Kind regards,

Dave

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity, has anyone tried this mod with FSX or P3D?

Kind regards,

Dave

I believe these games are more modern than CFS3 and already use DirectX 9 (or even 10 as mentioned).

My mod only works for games which use DirectX 8, and use it in a very specific manner. So there is almost no chance that it will work for anything besides CFS3 and its modifications.

• Like 1

I believe these games are more modern than CFS3 and already use DirectX 9 (or even 10 as mentioned).

My mod only works for games which use DirectX 8, and use it in a very specific manner. So there is almost no chance that it will work for anything besides CFS3 and its modifications.

Thanks for the info, AnKor.  I love what your mod brings to WOFF so I thought I'd check- it would be awesome to have that shadowing capability in FSX.  Cheers!

Hehe sorry, had to chuckle m8...the Do Not Tinker neon sign lit up when I was sitting here yesterday contemplating tossing it into my FSX just to see.  I finally got mine settled last spring with a minor blip in the summer when I added a mod that increased ground vehicles at the airports.  FSX is kinda like being married. I had switched over to P3D 1.4 but am still fudging with settings.  Mainly fly a lot of hours using "Air Hauler" (recently borked my company in a fit of downsizing).  Cheers for that !

Kind regards,

Dave

Hahaha..yes indeed Dave. Messing too much with FSX has caused me no end of pain in the past...Once you have everything installed and running nicely (I've learned through tears of frustration) LEAVE WELL ALONE!...it'll screw itself up on it's own in time, without any help!... P3d is a bit more forgiving :)

AnKor..I agree with Dave. Your mod has changed WOFF from 'fantastic' into 'Unbelievable'

Edited by UK_Widowmaker
  • Like 1

Hi Widow!

Hope you're doing well. I popped in earlier and saw this thread about AnKor's mod. I had the same trouble you did getting it to run - I kept getting dumped back into the OFF main menu. Go into your CFS3.cfg settings in the workshop, set everything back to default, and the mod should run. For me, I was able to adjust the graphics settings and the overrides without any glitches. The mod doesn't seem to like having the texture settings messed with. If your setup is like mine, you've probably customized it a bit over the years to eek out that extra bit of performance. Setting the cfg file back to its defaults seems to have fixed it for me.

And WOW, what a difference it makes! Even OFF looks as good as any ultra-modern day WWI sim I've seen. Great stuff!

That is good to know, CaptSopwith

I'll try iy out on OFF