UK_Widowmaker

Does AnKor's mod work on OFF?

Hi Mud!

I narrowed down the issue that was preventing OFF from starting for both Widow and I. It appears that checking the D3DSWAPEFFECT_COPY_VSYNC option under the Texture Info part of CFS3.cfg was causing the problem...

...removing that problem opened up a whole host of other issues for me. Without that option checked, OFF starts having the same stuttering issues that appear to have been a problem in WOFF. After two hours of checking the WOFF boards and tweaking my options, I seem to have it working but man, it took some effort!

CaptSopwith,

could you please tell me, what are your Settings?

I've changed the D3DSwapeffect from COPY_VSYNC to DISCARD, but that doesn't seem to help. I am having the same Problems, bad stutters in OFF with Ankor's Mod. My Card is a Geforce GTX 660. The Mod runs well, but those stutters are killing my fun.  

Thanks for your Efforts :biggrin:

Good work Captain...I'll try that when i'm over there. Would be great if we could get it working well...thanks for you efforts and input

It worked!!!...Now, just a case of seeing what can be tweaked...and what can't. I'll not allow D3DSWAPEFFECT_COPY_VSYNC ...and see what happens

Well, I've not had much stuttering, even with it disabled... though, I have to say, the scenery is extremely bright...not sure this is anything to do with the mod?

but really pleased with the result...that should keep the old boy happy til he gets WOFF

Cancel my 'Bright Scenery' comment...just flew at Dawn...and it was eerily realistic with the mod!!!

Hi Andy!

I will post my settings later today. I'm still having some micro-stuttering issues with my OFF... which is why I've been hesitant to jump into WOFF. I just don't think my rig has anywhere near enough power to play it... :cry: and, being a grad student on a super tight budget, I don't see that changing anytime soon. Looks amazing though, wish I could try it out!

I'm still playing with my settings trying to see if I can get the stutter to disappear once and for all. Once I remove AnKor's mod, the problem disappears. I really think if there was a way to enable D3DSWAPEFFECT_COPY_VSYNC that would sort out the problem as it is the ONLY setting that is different in the workshop from what's there when I'm not running the mod.

Hi All:

As promised, I am going to post my settings. They should be attached below. I'll also note that I have aircraft textures set to normal in the workshop (high seemed to bring back the stutter a bit.)

I've been playing with them yet again this morning and I think (knock on wood! :gamer: I've gotten OFF smoothed out). My system is also woefully out of date, so if you have a better system, you can up several of these settings (both in the workshop and in your respective video card settings). I found that the biggest help in reducing the stutter in game (which only appears when D3DSWAPEFFECT_COPY_VSYNC is disabled - and has to be in order for AnKor's mod to run in OFF), is enabling Adaptive V-Sync. For me, choosing Half Refresh Rate had the best results. OFF now runs locked in around 30fps and while it doesn't have those moments of liquid smooth FPS, it does reduce the immersion breaking FPS drops when the sim suddenly plummets from 65fps to 18. I also notice so far that the instances of FPS dropping into the teens is much reduced, even with regional activity set to high. Again, this hasn't been tested completely, but Quick Combat, and Quick Scenarios look good - even the missions with 20v20 and a few campaign missions in 1918 with high regional activity. So... fingers crossed.

Of course, the easy answer would have been to just yank AnKor's mod out and play as it was - my OFF worked fine before - but the shadows are just too good of an immersion enhancement to give it up. It really looks like a top class, current gen flight sim now! :biggrin:

At any rate - I hope these settings helped! Sorry for my prolonged absence around here. RL, as always lately, has been very busy but rewarding!

Cheers! :drunks:

Looking Lovely!!!...I'm sure those settings will help people get the most out of Ankor's mod. It sure adds a lot to the sim...thanks Captainsopwith :)

Thanks a lot CaptSopwith! OFF still looks amazing :biggrin:

I used the JGSME version and it works nice.

Colors appear bolder and more vivid with the mod active.

Thank your for starting this thread Widowmaker! And thanks to all the rest for sharing your settings and experience. I had taken a break and had hoped to run WOFF but this rig is not up to it. So I was reinstalling OFF and came across this info. It has me excited I'll say.