Hello to all!

I am a newbie to WOE/WOV modding, but am an old hand at others (particularly CFS 2). You have a great site here, I really appreciate it! I recently added my 1st plane to WOV, a Mig-21S my Michael G. I was ultimately successful, but have many questions. The biggest concerns the weaponsdata.ini file, which is not visible anymore when I open the weapons folder (or any other). When I run the weapons editor tool, however, it appears with a padlock, and I am allowed to select and proceed. But, in order to add the relavent weapon text to the .ini document, I must use the copy I saved when I first began. Could someone please advise?

Many thanks in advance!

Rick

Maybe I should add I am successfully running (somehow!) WOE and WOV Oct. 2008 on Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit Quad Processors)....

You must use the correct close routine when using the Weapon Editor. After changing the entries you must save the file and then press the "CLOSE" button, not the "x" button.

I have followed this procedure, Herr Gep

ard.....

I can't get the Weapons Editor to run in Windows 7 at all. Anyone know the trick to get it working? Update:

Runs by selecting compatibility mode and selecting the change settings for users, select Run in Windows 95 mode,

select Disable visual themes

select Disable desktop themes

select Disable display scaling on high DPI settings and

select Run this program as an administrator

Edited by Spectre8750

I run mine out of the zipped file.  Give that a try.

WeaponEditor.exe Properties Tab Security Click Edit Check Full Control!
WeaponEditor.exe Properties Tab Compatibility Run Windows 95 Check!
Disable visual themes Check!
Run as administrator Check!

This Is How Mine Runs For SF1 Weapons Editor.