Sign in to follow this  
McNally

I heard a rumor...

Now, I know that actually tanking is impossible, but I was wondering if anyone has actually made any tanker aircraft? I've heard that some were made or were being made, but I've never seen them.

I was hoping I could see if I could actually maneuver into position and hold it, provided tanking ever actually became an option.

And even if it doesn't, it'd be fun to try.

Pasko has plans for a KC-135. Below is a Readme for the only Tanker done to date ( at Avsim IIRC ):

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Airbus A310 Addon for Strike Fighters Project 1

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Explanation:

------------------

This *.zip file contains two folders, called "A310" and "A310z". The first "A310" is the Airbus A310 MRTT (Multi Role Transport Tanker)

of the German Air Force. Its equipped with one Refuel pod on each wing tip. The second folder "A310z" is the civil Airliner version of the

A310, without the refueling pods.

IMPORTANT!!!

Both aircraft are only set up as AI planes, because there is no support for transport missions by the player. Both are just a little addon to

color the skies of Strike Fighters.

If you wish to steer one of those, simply add to the "A310.ini" or "A310z.ini" the following lines:

CockpitDataFile=F-100D_cockpit.ini

HangarScreen=F-100D_hangar.bmp

Installation:

----------------

Unzip both folders included in this *.zip file to your "Strike-Fighters\Objects\Aircraft" folder.

If you wish to steer one of those, simply add to the "A310.ini" or "A310z.ini" the following lines:

CockpitDataFile=F-100D_cockpit.ini

HangarScreen=F-100D_hangar.bmp

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you enjoy the chance, to practice in air refueling. ;-)

Florian "AmokFloo" Schneider