Ok folks, new to the downloading side of SF2. First question---my windows 7 running system does not recognize anything I attempt to download from Combace. Second, once I can get my 'puter to recognize what it's downloading is there a 'how to' on how to upload these mods properly into the sim? Sorry for these dumb questions but I have to start somewhere....

Regards,

Harbs

Most of the downloads will be compressed files (to make them smaller to send over the net) and will have filke extensions seuch as .rar, .zip

Probably Google how to turn on file extensions in windows if you cant see them.

Windows will be able to see .zip files fine - however you will need to install a program called WinRaR to be able to decompress and use most of the other mods.

Once you have unpacked the files you simply copy & paste them into the exact & correct Mod folders.

mod folders: http://combatace.com/topic/62302-what-is-the-mod-folder/

You will find a deal of info on here http://combatace.com/forum/268-thirdwire-strike-fighters-2-series-knowledge-base/

Edited by MigBuster

and I'd also get 7z as well. It's a better standard of compressing, and just about all us modders use it.

Also, create a NEW folder on C drive, call it "Downloads", and put all the things you download in there. It can also be used for unzipping the items to, so one can access their readmes and so forth

and welcome!

WinRAR actually supports the 7zip format so no problem there. 

and I'd also get 7z as well. It's a better standard of compressing, and just about all us modders use it.

Also, create a NEW folder on C drive, call it "Downloads", and put all the things you download in there. It can also be used for unzipping the items to, so one can access their readmes and so forth

and welcome!

I'd echo Wrench's idea of having a dedicated 'downloads' folder, perhaps on your desktop, as downloading straight to desktop can spew out a lot files especially from some of the older mods (not so much from here though).