MudWasp48

Ordering WOFF soon

Hi,

Been happily enjoying OFF over the winter. Think I'll purchase WOFF this week.

Anyone have an estimate on how long it takes to get the dvd to NY state?

Any special advice on prepping for it would be appreciated.

Will WOFF and OFF coexist?

...or maybe not...the avangate order process is working at a cetain point.

Called their help line, was told to change browsers.

I'll try another day

OFF and WOFF are separate games, thus can co-exist inside your OBDSoftware folder. 

You will need a more powerful CPU and GPU to really play WOFF at the same settings as OFF.

It also really helps the FPS in WOFF to use the AnKor Shadow mod, because he transfers a lot of the CPU load over to the GPU like modern games do.

Not really looking to upgrade CPU or GPU.

How do you guys think WOFF will run for me?

I must be getting forgetfull in my older years. Got the avangate to process with a Mozilla browser, forgot my bank card blocks some online sellers such as avangate. Maybe I'll just grab it from a friends house and not bother with the dvd mailing. IDK, sometimes I'm thrilled to have a dvd around in case a castrophy occurs to my pc.

Not really looking to upgrade CPU or GPU.

How do you guys think WOFF will run for me?

I must be getting forgetfull in my older years. Got the avangate to process with a Mozilla browser, forgot my bank card blocks some online sellers such as avangate. Maybe I'll just grab it from a friends house and not bother with the dvd mailing. IDK, sometimes I'm thrilled to have a dvd around in case a castrophy occurs to my pc.

When I downloaded WOFF (which took 4 days at my transfer rate) the first thing I did was to copy it to a DVD.  One good thing is that the patches are not incremental - in OFF I used to keep them all on DVD in case I had to reload OFF from the start - and I did and it was a pain.  With WOFF you just download the latest patch which contains all the others - much easier! 

And your rig will run WOFF just fine - I wish I had a rig like that though mine is ok.  I have installed Ankor's shadowing mod and it did improve my FPS by about 15 or so. 

Edited by JimAttrill

MudWasp, with your overclocked CPU you should be fine at 4.6 GHz - I fly the sim with only 3.3 GHz.

Can't see your graphic card in your list - but I guess it will do.

JimAttrill, How big is the file and what type of internet connection do you have?

Olham, I bought the card about a year ago. It's a 660Ti Top by asus. It runs FSX great, which is my most demanding flight sim

Well, Avangate is blacklisted by my bank so my bank backed Visa card won't work.

My other straight up Visa credit card won't work either.

Avangate sent me this option...

Press the button "Offline card processing" on the link above to download the document to send it to us filled and signed by uploading it to our SSL secured server (https://secure.avangate.com/order/) or by fax at 650-963-2973 (US/Canada) / +31 84 725 1599 (International), along with a copy of the front and back of your card and a copy of your photo ID (your personal identification document issued by the legal authorities in your country).

That sounds like an invite to Identity theft

Is there another way to purchase the sim?

JimAttrill, How big is the file and what type of internet connection do you have?

It is 4.5Gb and my internet connection is pretty slow by civilised standards.  With a following wind it can get to 133 Mbits/s but is more normally a lot less.  So even 1 Gb takes a long time. 

(tested with speedtest.net).  I think South Africa has about the most expensive ADSL in the world mainly because there is only one fixed line provider. 

Well, Avangate is blacklisted by my bank so my bank backed Visa card won't work.

My other straight up Visa credit card won't work either.

Avangate sent me this option...

Press the button "Offline card processing" on the link above to download the document to send it to us filled and signed by uploading it to our SSL secured server (https://secure.avangate.com/order/) or by fax at 650-963-2973 (US/Canada) / +31 84 725 1599 (International), along with a copy of the front and back of your card and a copy of your photo ID (your personal identification document issued by the legal authorities in your country).

That sounds like an invite to Identity theft

Is there another way to purchase the sim?

We have used Avangate for several years and never had a report of "identity theft" however maybe use one of the other methods they list. 

There are lots of ways to buy the sim from Avangate, Visa/mastercard/Eurocard, Paypal, JCB, Bank/Wire transfer, American Express and others. Most people just buy it no problems with cc or paypal whatever.  I think you can pay via paypal with a credit card

I found a way to pay via old fashioned check.

Where is the DVD sent out from and approximately how long does it take to arrive to the usa?

OK well done.  I believe it's sent from the US, the standard is to wait 7 -10 working days  but it would usually be sooner for where you are. Don't forget you have the download option too.

The WOFF dvd arrived in the mail today :biggrin:

Faster than I expected, as the download option (which I didn't use) was made available Wednesday.

Check was mailed May 1st to a collection outfit in Chicago

The dvd was mailed from California

It's a Happy Saturday for me :biggrin:

The WOFF dvd arrived in the mail today :biggrin:

Faster than I expected, as the download option (which I didn't use) was made available Wednesday.

Check was mailed May 1st to a collection outfit in Chicago

The dvd was mailed from California

It's a Happy Saturday for me :biggrin:

Now the fun begins!!

Great to see another active WOFFer soon, Mud!

Great glad you are sorted MudWasp48