Sign in to follow this  
donk05

Flashing buildings at distance (airport ramps)

Hi guys I've just re-installed after a long break from this sim and I've noticed that at airfields at distance the revetments and various buildings seem to be flasing or clipping against the terrain. I'm running a merged install with few mods at the moment. Is this an nvidia issue? I'm running windows 8.1 and the latest driver for my gtx760

Case of shimmering? Will be a case of experimenting with settings - are you using an NVIDIA profile? 

AA & AF can reduce shimmering at expense of performance - but again it depends. You can change the value for AF in the options.ini if you are letting SF2 run things.

Also are you using an older modded terrain?

btw 

SF2 is not supported in Win 8

SF2 last build was 2013 - the latest NVIDIA patch may not help things

I'm finding not so much as shimmering but the area where parked planes on airbases seems to be a few feet under ground until I'm practically over head and a few feet of the ground like about 50ft. Also a few run ways on desert v4 terrain, the runways look like they're covered in sand until I get airborne then you can see the full length of the strip.

what you're talking about, runway wise, usually means a 'unflattened' airfield zone

some screenies might be some assistance here

The gams has know issues with 'draw distances'