Sign in to follow this  
Skyviper

Dodged a big freaking bullet last night

Tornado touched down in my area last night stayed on ground for 2 hours killed 16 and I missed it by 15 minutes

I heard about that. I'm just north of you, southern Missouri. The price of living in the midwest.

Man this season is bad already.. Glad youre safe. 

Me too, I used to live in Joplin, MO and Stillwater, OK. Midwest can be dangerous this time of year.

Thinking of you guys !!!!

Glad you are okay.

News like this makes me so happy that I moved out of Tornado Alley. Back in 1992 I got to watch a tornado skip over my house in Tulsa, Oklahoma taking only a couple of roof shingles before touching back down a mile away and making a real mess. I was twelve. Nearly peed my pants.

Anyway, yes, I am very glad to hear that you are safe.

Greetings from Omaha. I have been there. My prayers go out to the folks involved.

glad to hear you're okay, sad to hear about the others!

take care viper!

Very fortunate, man.

Lucky dude. :good:

SidDogg

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts.

Here's a photo as it was going past my town. This dealership is a just a few blocks away from my house ... keep in mind that this sucker is outside of my town by ten to fifteen minutes down the road.

9b1d3f8.jpg

Good hear you are safe and hope the best for those affected. The Mid-west, South, and Mid-Atlantic are supposed to be rained/stormed in for the rest of the week. Everyone in those areas please be aware and prepare to the best of your ability.

Many of the major charities have tornado/storm relief pages set up (Red Cross, Salvation Army, etc.) online. You can donate via credit/debit, usually any amount, at most places.

If you prefer not to give  money; clothes, canned food, and blood/plasma donations are usually accepted ( in some cases they do more immediate good than money can).

Last time I gave blood at one of the armed services blood drives I was told that a pint of blood could save three lives.

Edited by ironroad