These are the names of two campaigns I've been working on little by little since January. No progress had really been made until lately, now that I can download all the outstanding mods that have been released since August- some of which are essential to these! Anyway let's get down the details.

Operation Sand Shrike: Operation Desert Storm inspired 1978 campaign for people who have low end computers/ can't run mods stabily/ like stock installs. Uses stock and DLC aircraft only on the original desert terrain. Something I've wanted to make for a while.

Plan Scimitar Red: 1986, Dhimar goes it alone! As NATO forces deal with the invasion of Central Europe by Soviet Forces, Paran invades Dhimar, believing victory is theirs! Dhimar launches Emergency Action Plan Scimitar Red and prepares for total war. Honestly there's too much content now to not do this.

I should be able to finish Sand Shrike within well, two weeks :biggrin:

I've liked the Dhimar goes it alone/ alot less US support for a while now. But i'm not much on campaign building yet....

I had one of those back for SF1. Then the 2008 patches came by and ruined it for me. The biggest influence to do it though is Piecemeal's Desert4 and how he had a couple Mirage IIIs dressed in the screenshot thread.

There's for sure going to be Mirage on Mirage action in this. And that just sounds dirty.

You considered doing a Dhimari skin for the DC-10? Air Dhimar or something?

Not right now, tho possibly later. Got a lot on the plate driven by historical accuracy. Will shoot ya some ideas i've had for a while now of Dhimar going the simple aircraft/self suficient route. Mirages would be a must for that due to the French loving to sell to those the US won't. But so would Zippers as many European countries would trade oil for parts...

Oh, that look like taylor made for my Frying Pan Laptop!! will help with anything

So, I'm kind of struggling to find an order of battler, or anything really for USAF in 1978.

Navy and Marine Corps are easy to find so I don't need those. But if anyone has anything for USAF circa 1978 or 1977 I'd appreciate it.

Anyone USAF specific or everyone ANG and Reserve incl?

Also all aircraft or just tactical?

Edited by daddyairplanes

Sorry for the week or so of silence. Been to tired at the end of each day to work on this at all and I've been very sidetracked with another non SF2 related projects. 

Anyway, daddyairplanes, for now tactical USAF. I'm very picky on ANG units because I'd prefer to use ones for New England states. I'm willing to use the Kansas ANG though because they had F-4Ds and I'd like to include an F-4D squadron for the people who like a challenge.

EDIT: Mass Air Guard is also an option for my A-10s.

Edited by Viggen