I have done a search but found no real answer.

Is there a way to actually talk to wingman/flight in SF2 games?

I thought I remembered such a thing was possible in SF1 with

a program called "shoot" I think thats what it was. 

Thank you very much Romflyer.

I figured someone would of made it work for SF2.

I have downloaded the file and will give it a shot.

Thanks again...

Well I tried it. Got all the way to loading the profile and now I keep getting 

an error message. Seems the profile won't load. I looked up the error message

and I have to say, this appears to be way over my head. Oh well... :blink:

I'm curious to know at point you are having problems.....I have been using it flawlessly for years

Let me know exactly what steps you have taken and hopefully I can offer some suggestions to get it going.

Ok.....I have been running on an Vista machine, so I went and tried to install the program on a windows 7 machine.......didn't work!! (FIND GARY BUSEY!!!)  :crazy:

use the attachment below and drop the contents of it into the folder you have SHOOT in, choose yes to override the file and the program runs beautifully on Windows 7

shoot20exe.zip

Enjoy

Romflyer

I hve windows 7. I'm downloading your file now. I think it's a problem with the .NET, it didn't install correctly or is the wrong version. I'm now getting version 3.5 too.

Ok, so I've got it working, sort of. Only 1 of about 20 commands I speak are recognized; either to loud, to soft, to much noise. How can I fix it?

Did you run through the windows voice recognition tutorials? They help teach your computor to understand how you speak.

Once you have done that then you can open up the program and load the SF2 profile and then just run through some of the commands, if you say it clearly it will show what you have said in writing and it will show the key presses it sends to the game.

Also, try putting a 'slight' pause between the phrases

" control... Vector target"

" flight one... Engage air"

" Wing.....attack my target"

You need to speak clearly and deliberately. I have it working on at least 90-95% of my commands, and if it misses one it almost always gets it when I repeat it.

Hope that helps

It works some of the time, like 5% with SF2, I'm getting much better with IL2 commands though, like 35-40%, about the same for flashpoint.

I replaced that file with the new one and the thing works like a million bucks.

Pretty cool to just speak and your boys "just do it"

Bless Gary Busey...

And thanks Romflyer, you have made this game that much more interesting.bowdown2.gif.pagespeed.ce.hVyLpGCsBI.gif

Well, since I'm SUCH a noob, I was able to fly and try it out, and what-do-you-know it works! I just need to practice what phrases really do what, and assign a joystick key to the PTT, but this is fantastic! Now with a 50" screen, Track IR5, Saitek X52 Pro, and the voice command, wooo-whee!

Oh, how can I change the PTT button in the Shoot program?

Well, since I'm SUCH a noob, I was able to fly and try it out, and what-do-you-know it works! I just need to practice what phrases really do what, and assign a joystick key to the PTT, but this is fantastic! Now with a 50" screen, Track IR5, Saitek X52 Pro, and the voice command, wooo-whee!

Oh, how can I change the PTT button in the Shoot program?

Today's your lucky day......this profile should give you control over the coms.......and a bit more

http://combatace.com/files/file/14622-sf2-x-52pro-profile/

Thank you, I will give it a whirl. I've had issues with the Saitek programming software ever since I changed from XP to Win7. I am reloading the driver and "Smart Technology" software. My stick works, just only 1 mode. All buttons are driven by editing the in-game profile, therefore I don't have the modes working. Your profile is fairly close to my setup (excluding the modes of course).

I was able to figure out how to change the PTT assignment in the SHOOT profile, and then assign that button to the X54, but it's not working. I think it's because I don't have the profile software running. Hopefully these downloads can fix it this time.lol.

Thank you, I will give it a whirl. I've had issues with the Saitek programming software ever since I changed from XP to Win7. I am reloading the driver and "Smart Technology" software. My stick works, just only 1 mode. All buttons are driven by editing the in-game profile, therefore I don't have the modes working. Your profile is fairly close to my setup (excluding the modes of course).

I was able to figure out how to change the PTT assignment in the SHOOT profile, and then assign that button to the X54, but it's not working. I think it's because I don't have the profile software running. Hopefully these downloads can fix it this time.lol.

Be sure to get the SST program from the Saitek site not just the disk that the unit shipped with