Is there an ini edit to allow a weapon point to carry a dual IRM rail like on the F-100 or F-4? 

That'll usually load them with the flat, US styled twin IR rails that can look ungainly on certain, usually smaller aircraft. There's also the Soviet, the APU62 (or something akin to that) if you want to mod the loadout.ini so it can be carried via that, somewhat slimmer rack (although the AIM-9 fins might have some model collision, but there are no issues with using them). There are also the 2BR twin bomb rack and the TER racks that can be used to mount air to air missiles with no issues, but all of these racks need to be named as the rack type in the loadout.ini, otherwise it's default to the US one by default.

I tried adding 2IR, but when I went to change my mission loadout I only had standard 1 missile per pylon. 

Is that weapon station paired with another one, or when you're looking to mount munitions, are you able to mount that singular hardpoint?

I would advice you to take a look at either the F4 or the Mig23 data and loadout.ini-s and compare them with your plane's relevant data and loadout.inis to see how those are set up, something is missing in your file.

Also check if the "loadlimit" parameters would allow the carriage of two missiles and the dual rail.

The rack has to be specified (called directly) in the loadout ini. For, example, the Type 96 Fishbed in Indian service

[AirToAir]
Loadout[01].WeaponType=AA-8
Loadout[01].Quantity=2
Loadout[01].RackType=APU-62L
Loadout[02].WeaponType=AA-8
Loadout[02].Quantity=2
Loadout[02].RackType=APU-62R
Loadout[03].WeaponType=AA-2D
Loadout[03].Quantity=1
Loadout[04].WeaponType=AA-2D
Loadout[04].Quantity=1
Loadout[05].WeaponType=Tank490_MiG21
Loadout[05].Quantity=1

some of the confusion I'm seeing is the fact that aircraft like the Super Sabre and Phantom have said rack built into the aircraft model itself. Whereas the MiGs do not, and need it called

That would explain the discrepancy. Thanks