Sign in to follow this  
RAVEN

Hurricane Update FYI

While updating the Mk.IIc SeaHurricane I found a large number of mistakes that unfortunately are in every model, (it was the first plane I built) . So I've just finished going compleately over the Mk.1a, fixing nodes, updating and correcting meshes. One good thing, no texture changes. So with that said the Mk.1a will get its last upload in a few days (to make sure nothing else needs fixing). The rest will follow as time permits. If anyone is currently waiting for an Mk to be updated let me know and I'll get to it first, the Mk1 2 blade prop is dead last sorry.

Thanks everyone.

Raven

• Like 2

Know the feeling m8...nothing worse than trying to fix summat and not affect other bits like textures,mapping etc...ive learnt the hard way,clone meshes,use that to fix,and if ok,then good,join to old mesh,del old bits  ,if I fuck it up,delete try again lol

I found the wheels and tires were linked wrong and the. Right was never 'reset XForm', so now I can just port them (Merge) over to the others with the rest of the fixes and the updated damage.

Good news Raven. Please, take a look at the firewall, where the fuselage meets the nose. There´re a weird glow on the texture as they´re not smooth. The P-40s has the same. :good:

Thanks for the heads up. I hope to put together a BoB FM pack in a month or so and will include a "kit" for the updated Hurricane 1A but not sure if there will be many skins available to go with it. If thats the case I will also include a kit for Wrenchs' Hurricane 1A SF2 package.

Good news Raven. Please, take a look at the firewall, where the fuselage meets the nose. There´re a weird glow on the texture as they´re not smooth. The P-40s has the same. :good:

Now you did it, opened a can of eel's! That part of the plane I've never been happy with, so I'm fixing it, I'll have to remap the Nose and Fuselage , but I write down the mapping XYZ , so no texture changes, I have to fix them all anyway. When the Hurries are done, I'll look at the P-40's,

• Like 1

Reworked Firewall section, much smoother now, I'll just have to weld it in.

Test Flight, Much cleaner.

post-300-0-91151800-1399165826_thumb.jpg

post-300-0-78038100-1399177417_thumb.jpg

Edited by RAVEN
  • Like 4

Great Raven! good.gif.pagespeed.ce.PoYRIVsMjL.gif

Updated collision points and some small fixes.

Uploaded, Oh and I added the .out files.