Greetings, All.

I would like to add a thrust-vector "nozzle_position_indicator" to a few existing cockpits (mostly helicopters) that don't already have them, for SF2 aircraft that have thrust-vectoring enabled in their FM.

Just a visual aid, for me.

Could somebody who is familiar with cockpit construction and editing please point me to a tutorial, or some Forum posts, that discuss this, or provide other guidance on how to do it?

A HUD-only guage would be fine, if that would be simpler to do.

[incidentally, I have a good hex-editor, so if editing the cockpit .lod file is involved, that would be OK. But I don't have Blender or 3DxMax, and can't create or change existing 3D models].

DARoot

unless there is an existing indicator lod,then it can be added via fake pilot method.if not ,you will need one made ...there are tuts here somewhere...wrench is the expert at add and subtract items....hes a wiz

Edited by russouk2004

Well, thanks for the information.
I've used the "fake pilot" trick to add stuff through .ini edits [such as gunners to bombers] to the main aircraft .lods, and I've

REMOVED existing visible stuff from cockpits similarly, but I've never tried adding anything to cockpits.
The cockpit .ini files don't usually use XYZ values to place guages. They seem to be part of the cockpit .lod.
I just didn't know where to start.

Well, I suppose I can try to change some unimportant existing guage [such as exhaust temperature, or the clock, or a

back-up horizon ball, if the existing cockpit I'm working with has one] to mimic a nozzle position indicator.

Or, I can try to put one in the HUD. But, I'm reluctant to mess with HudData.ini (which DOES use xyz coordinates), since that

would likely make the guage show up in all aircraft, not just selected ones.

Oh, well ... guess it's the usual good 'ol Thirdwire sims trial-and-error experimentation time.

:dunno:

Thanks again for your response.

DARoot