Sign in to follow this  
macelena

Sooo...are we there yet?

It´s been almost a year since the last patch and DLCs were released by TW, and i haven´t seen an update for mobile games in a while. What do you think, did they go out of business or something?

EDIT: I just saw a tweet and they were working on iOS by May 6th, and there have been some tweets, but still, kind of creepy, if not unexpected. There are still some relatively easy bucks to make in the PC games, i think

Edited by macelena

well  its been a few weeks since a whats the latest thread round here........

• Like 1

I think it safe to say that the PC side of SF is mostly dead.

Is it totally dead? Only an expert could say. :grin: However, I no longer check weekly or monthly for updates or things. It's been two years since NA, and it's obvious that TK's roadmap didn't work out as well as we'd hoped. There's nothing more to say about it, he needs to make money and SF2 isn't doing that well enough.

No sense blaming ourselves (unless you're one of those who bought a single SF2 title and then just "made do" with mods :biggrin: ), we tried to spread the word and give people ways to get more out of it than TK provided alone. It just didn't work.

You can speculate if Steam's extra exposure vs the Valve cut would've been worth it, but it's too late now.

Actually, I kind of wonder if he had maybe gone with someone like GOG.com for distribution.  I would think they would have been a better fit.  After all, you wouldn't have to worry about altering the distribution exes.  Heck, if he transferred over exclusively to them for distribution, he could (in theory), shut down the e-commerce side of the ThirdWire website (which has to be costing something...) and let GOG.com keep track of who downloaded what, distribution of patches, etc.

Just thinkin' out loud...

FC

Let alone, be more effective against piracy

EDIT: However, it is amazing that sales are THAT bad not to justify, in example, the expense of porting some stuff from mobile games, like an AI pack with MiG-25s and F-5s, or a NATO-USAF F-16 DLC wich wouldn´t be much more than skinning, i guess

Edited by macelena

it's not like we haven't already converted the SF2I Netz to the F-16A.

but having the MiG-25 and F-5 would be a instant seller. Even without cockpits; which is 5 minutes work to install

quote name="JediMaster" post="664360" timestamp="1399654370"]I think it safe to say that the PC side of SF is mostly dead.

http://m.youtube.com/results?q=princess%20bride%20mostly%20dead&sm=1

You know, you all keep saying he's out of business. I do not think this means what you think it means.....

• Like 1

Inconcievable!!

Put it on steam, people will eat it up