Sign in to follow this  
MudWasp48

Help needed Mapping Controllers

Hi all,

I just installed WOFF and patched to 1.25.

Created a pilot flying a 2 seat Strutter, and can fly ok.

Trouble I'm having is mapping game functions to my controllers, currently a CH pro throttle and a Logitech wingman extereme.

Can anyone point me to a help thread about this or offer specifics?

I feel rather lost with the new interface. Pressed escape key to end flight...no go...got all that figured out.

I'm looking to map the game functions from inside the game. Went into workshop and found the correct place to do so. Bound the keys and clicked save. Tried flying right after doing so and exited the game and tried the key functions. No joy...but I've only been doing this in quick combat. Does it matter or stick if I do it in Campaign mode?

Check the FAQs, I think it is Part 12 on page 16 - best read all about the mapping:

http://www.overflandersfields.com/Downloads/FAQ%20WOFF.pdf

Best is to select each controller and "unbind" it from all and any functions, then remap it.

Especially with rudder, that is the best way.

Make sure to "save" your changes in the end.

Edited by Olham

Thanks Olham,

I remember reading that before, guess I didn't save it as I now have done.

My pleasure, MudWasp - I hope you get it all settled.

Cause, if you fly German side: we need every help we can get.

And if you fly Entente: I need "Spandau" fodder...

Mmuahahahahaaa!!!

Edited by Olham

Been flying both sides, a Halb in Jasta 2 and a two seat strutter in RNAS 8.  Been a lonely life in the RNAS as sole "B flight" pilot in a strutter. Just been promoted and given a Bebe 11..... must get in some practice time with that crate.

My Jasta mates have treated me much better, seldom sending me out alone and always ready to help.

Really liking WOFF so far. Haven't tinkered with the settings or shadow mod, sweet fx stuff yet. I turned on labels for a bit and saw vast distances. Decided that wasn't for me and going no label trackIR exclusive since.

Jasta 2 is a good choice - they'll have an eye on you and help you out.

Seems you have fun.

But one day you should give that shader mod a try.

No need for any complicated install - just extract it and put the three files (one folder and two single files)

into you folder OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields - and you'll have lighting and shadows, shimmers and

glinting waves on the waters. Wouldn't want to miss it!

That dreaded Bebe was the demise of Sam Simpson...landing a crippled craft. He had just put in for a transfer to a squad that was flying Sopworths the day before. He and his flight group, 3 pilots in all, were jumped by a swarm of Rolands and a few Halbs were seen zipping by also. Sam took out 2 Rolands before another Roland's rear gunner shreaded his craft, wounded him, and sent him off to the nearest airbase.

Think I'll try RNAS 4 next time for a Sopworth pilot. Didn't see any Nieuports in their line-up.

Kurt is doing well in Jasta 2...

Might try my hand at an EIII...IDK...

I'll drop that shadow mod in later today.

You can check all planes a squadron ever will have, and decide by that.

Sopwith Strutter, Sopwith Pup, S.E.5a are three planes which are easy to fly IMHO.

And there is always the option for a transfer later.

After unpacking the shader mod, make yourself a little note with NOTEPAD or another text program;

note the three file names. So you can easily remove them, if they make problems (which shouldn't happen).

Then throw the files into

OBD Software > WOFF > OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields

I put them in there this morning, but the campaign mission won't load...IDK...must be doing something wrong. Took them out and all is fine again. I'll read up some on the subject and fiddle with it another day. For now, I'd rather fly than tinker with mods.

I started flying the Aviatik in Feb 1915. I rather like that plane, wish it carried a bigger bomb load though

Normally there is nothing to tinker (except if you want to add Sweet FX), you have one folder (shaders30) and two files (d3d8.dll and d3d8.ini)

You drop them inside your WOFF/OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields folder and that's it.

Works fine now, needed to to update directx 9c

• Like 1