Suez Population

Hi!!! In this opportunity, I have populated Suez, the soutern edge of the Suez Canal. I have added some AAA and ships. I hope you like it!!! There's no readme, just replace your Suez entry in your IsraelME_TARGETS.ini with the entry inside the TARGETS.txt.

Required Files:

My Port Said Population, as all the needed files and TYPES are included there. (http://combatace.com/files/file/14777-port-said-population/)

IJN Kiyokawa Maru Transport. You can get it here http://cplengineeringllc.com/SFP1/

igancioc91:

Thanks, but could I make a few suggestions?

First, please include a ReadMe -- it's a mandatory component of all uploads here. See:

http://combatace.com/topic/60088-a-reminder-before-you-upload-a-mod/

Second, could I persuade you not to make A-Team downloads a mandatory part of your installs? Not all CA members have access to A-Team files, so if you make them default components of your mods, you've lost a significant chunk of your audience.

Third, instead of rolling out these target area mods one at a time, why not wait until you finished with them all, then release a complete mod that includes all the necessary components. Easier for everyone involved, and you don't have to point users to another download just to get a TYPES.INI.

Finally, it might be wise to include a warning that these target area mods could be incompatible with other mods. If users replace the Port Said and Suez target areas in the 48-58 IsraelME terrain, for example, they're going to stomp all over plenty of other existing changes and updates to those target areas, some of which might be custom-tailored to the campaigns in that mod.

Eric Howes

Indeed. One should make the basic assumption that DAT mods do NOT exist. Those with the ini dancing skills can add them themselves. There are plenty of freeware ships readily available.

A note on armed merchant ships: unless they're specifically a naval vessel (ie: an AK/AP/AO etc class) are illegal by international maritime law. They could be, and in some cases ARE, considered pirate vessels, and accorded the same treatment as any militant/combatant or naval vessel would be.

The precedent was set in WW2, when for example, our Liberty and Victory ships while still carrying civilian registry, carried USN gun crews, keeping with the treaty conventions. These are still in place.

include a warning that these target area mods could be incompatible with other mods

That's the main reason we terraformers THINK in 100 year spans for terrain mods, and build accordingly. With FULL terrain mods

and your moored ships are STILL backwards in their slips.

For an accurate representation the Canal Zone and it ports, I'd suggest the "Eastern Med" map (modern rebuild of the ww2 North Africa). You'll see what I mean, when flying over the ports

Thank you for your suggestions guys!!! I'll do as you say as regards A-Team mods and Readme files. I didn't know about the status of armed merchant ships. Thanks guys! :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Spinners

View File F-84I 'Sharav' for STRIKE FIGHTERS 1 (WOI c/w Add-On)
      Republic Aviation F-84I 'Sharav' for Wings Over Israel c/w Add-On
      The Armee de l'Air received its first F-84F Thunderstreaks in 1955 and it was in French service that the Thunderstreak saw its only actual combat during the Suez Crisis of October 1956. French Thunderstreaks from the 3rd Escadre moved to RAF Akrotiri on Cyprus whilst the 1st Escadre were deployed to the Israeli base at Lyddia where they supported the Israeli forces that invaded Sinai on October 29th. Despite seeing intensive action only one F-84F was lost and the tough and rugged aircraft so impressed the Israeli Air Force that they ordered 50 F-84F-70-RE aircraft before the end of 1956. The F-84F-70-RE featured the more powerful J65-W-7 rated at 7,800lbs thrust which helped with the initial climb rate and the combat ceiling and these were among the last Thunderstreak's to roll off the Farmingdale production line in the Summer of 1957.
      In 1962 the entire Israeli F-84F fleet was grounded due to the same corrosion of control rods that had affected the F-84F worldwide but they were soon restored to full operational capacity, eventually serving with distinction during the 1967 Six Day War and surviving in Israeli service until 1973 when stress corrosion eventually forced the retirement of the Israeli F-84F fleet.
      Ignoring by own backstory I've given the 'Sharav' Suez stripes and a 1956 start date! I've previously released this in SF2 but thought it would be nice to release it in SF1 but please note that it does require both Wings Over Israel and the Add-On Expansion Pack.

INSTRUCTIONS
      1. From the AIRCRAFT folder drag and drop the F-84I folder into your Aircraft folder.
      2. From the DECALS folder drag and drop the F-84I folder into your Decals folder.

CREDITS
      Thanks to TK and Third Wire for a great little game/sim.
      And thanks to everyone in the wider Third Wire community.

Regards
      Spinners
      Version 1 - 03/03/18
      Submitter Spinners Submitted 03/03/2018 Category Fictional Aircraft, Experimental and UAV's  
    • By Spinners
      Republic Aviation F-84I 'Sharav' for Wings Over Israel c/w Add-On
      The Armee de l'Air received its first F-84F Thunderstreaks in 1955 and it was in French service that the Thunderstreak saw its only actual combat during the Suez Crisis of October 1956. French Thunderstreaks from the 3rd Escadre moved to RAF Akrotiri on Cyprus whilst the 1st Escadre were deployed to the Israeli base at Lyddia where they supported the Israeli forces that invaded Sinai on October 29th. Despite seeing intensive action only one F-84F was lost and the tough and rugged aircraft so impressed the Israeli Air Force that they ordered 50 F-84F-70-RE aircraft before the end of 1956. The F-84F-70-RE featured the more powerful J65-W-7 rated at 7,800lbs thrust which helped with the initial climb rate and the combat ceiling and these were among the last Thunderstreak's to roll off the Farmingdale production line in the Summer of 1957.
      In 1962 the entire Israeli F-84F fleet was grounded due to the same corrosion of control rods that had affected the F-84F worldwide but they were soon restored to full operational capacity, eventually serving with distinction during the 1967 Six Day War and surviving in Israeli service until 1973 when stress corrosion eventually forced the retirement of the Israeli F-84F fleet.
      Ignoring by own backstory I've given the 'Sharav' Suez stripes and a 1956 start date! I've previously released this in SF2 but thought it would be nice to release it in SF1 but please note that it does require both Wings Over Israel and the Add-On Expansion Pack.

INSTRUCTIONS
      1. From the AIRCRAFT folder drag and drop the F-84I folder into your Aircraft folder.
      2. From the DECALS folder drag and drop the F-84I folder into your Decals folder.

CREDITS
      Thanks to TK and Third Wire for a great little game/sim.
      And thanks to everyone in the wider Third Wire community.

Regards
      Spinners
      Version 1 - 03/03/18
    • By ignacioc91

View File Port Said population
      Hi!!! This is the beginning of I hope a bigger project to populate the Middle East. I tried to bring some life to the Port Said. It can be used during the whole second half of the XXth century, as it includes new structures, AAA, SAMs that will only appear after the 1960s, so it will have certain historical accuracy both during conflicts in the 1950s or 1980s. I hope you enjoy!!!!!

Thanks very much to Stary for the Lighthouse and to Mitch from the Factory Place. I would also like to thank Wrench, I used some of the terrain objects from his Kamchatka, and for his Flag pack. Thank PureBlue for the Julhelms Factory Place , and thanks Peacemeal, your Desert 4 was my inspiration!!!

Ignacioc91
      Submitter ignacioc91 Submitted 05/09/2014 Category Base Mods  
    • By dtmdragon

View File Mirage Factory IDF F-4E Kurnass 2000 for Strike Fighters 2
      Mirage Factory Israeli Air Force F-4E Kurnass 2000 for Strike Fighters 2

This is a brand new SF2 mod of the Israeli F-4E Kurnass 2000 with a new 3D model.

This mod has its origins in the SFP1 Mirage Factory F-4E Kurnass but most of the 3D work to create the Kurnass 2000 model has been done by Sundowner.

The majority of the .ini work is new and specifically for the SF2 environment.

Features:

- Accurate Kurnass 2000 3d model

- Modernized cockpit and avionics

- Modernized weapons capability

- Most advanced version of the F-4E used by the Israeli Air Force

- Extensive RWR.TGA files and updated RWR.LST

- All weapons from loadout file included

http://www.f-4.nl/f4_35.html

INSTILATION: Drop files in to appropriate folders, override when asked to.

NOTE: Has only been tested/used in a merged install of ALL SF2 titles

Credit goes to Bunyap and Chaser617 for the F-4EJ Kai cockpit / Avionics which we used as a base for the Kurnass 2000 Cockpit and Avionics. Also credit goes to The Viper Team for their IAF F-16C/D/I which some of the weapons came from. And of course the Mirage Factory Team.
      Submitter dtmdragon Submitted 10/22/2012 Category F-4  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..