Sign in to follow this  
RAF_Louvert

WOFF Flanders Map Nearing Completion

Greetings All,

My mapping of the WOFF Flanders area all the way down to St-Quentin is getting close to being done and I am now at the step of placing additional towns on the map. Keep in mind these towns are not in the sim landscape but are being added to the map strictly as points of reference, historical and otherwise. I will be denoting these differently than those towns that do show up in the sim, (and which I have already labelled), so you will know the difference when flying about and trying to navigate with a paper map rather than the in-sim pop-up. Now then, I have a request from you virtual fliers. Please list here in this thread the towns and villages of WWI significance that you would like to see added to the map so that you might have a better idea of how they would 'fit' into the WOFF WWI virtual reality. Don't worry if you're not sure whether they are already on the map or not as I will take care of any such overlap. 

Thanks!

Lou

Not towns but how about labelling the forests named in many pilot accounts? The one that comes to mind is Polygon Wood. Even if that is not what the Germans called it and even if it is not polygonal in WOFF, it would be good to see it marked on the map, if there is a sim wood in the area.

As for towns, the main ones would be those (probably villages really) mentioned in the major battles, like Vimy or Adinfer (the latter also having a wood named after it IIRC).