I love this sim- But c'mon! A real pilot would not know the location and type of every enemy aircraft with the in-flight map. Actually, not even the exact location of the friendlies. (Maybe with current classified technology, though)

Has someone made a mod in which only friendlies are shown on the map? Or, maybe just within a certain range of the pilot- Like a general idea of the situation around them for 10 or 20 miles or so?

Someone please point this noob in the right direction :)

-Russell

If my memory serves well, I think there are certain files, .tga's maybe that you can remove in order to make enemies and friendlies not show on the map. You might have to dig a bit further, but I definitely read that on here a week or so ago. 

in the HUDData.ini and (possibly) in the MissionControl.ini

there's listing that can be turned off

Ha! Thanks, guys! Good ideas, and thanks, MigBuster, for the linky-dink!

BTW, what would be a fine, cost-free editor to pop that flightdata.cat file open and edit it?

Thanks so much! This game keeps getting better and better...

Now, how do I squeeze it back into the .cat file?

Edited by Bbbumpy

you don't.

you drop the edited file into the /Flight folder. Create one if one doesn't exist.

Still not working. I'll keep at it after dinner with a fresh set of eyes :)

And a full BELLEH.

Edited by Bbbumpy

and a beer

lol.gif.pagespeed.ce.juIU0bKaoa.gif

Important Safety Tip
NEVER drink and mod!!!

The extracted file goes into the MODS FOLDER, /Flight folder -- it doesn't stay in the 'core install'. If it does, it don't do nothing

Edited by Wrench

Got it! All's well, thanks everyone. Very nice mod, very nice. Adds an air of cat-and-mouse...