Sign in to follow this  
NIELS

Effects Cat file location for SF2, Wox_V2 series?

Is there a cat, or object file for effects in any of the SF2/Wox_V2 stock series or are these files locked?

Thanks NIELS

are you talking about the ParticleSystem.ini, or specific effects themselves?

most likely in the FlightData.cat

OK - Thanks Wrench, I'll check that Cat file. I am looking for smoke stack effect with black smoke. I'm going to look in some of the terrain object files also. I tried to make my own from the ship smoke effect ini with no luck. Thanks again for your feed back.

NIELS

look in the Objects/Effects (or something like that) in the downloads section -- Stary has done a buttload of stuff. Although I find his black ships smoke FAR to dark --- ships stopped using coal in the 1920s (especially naval vessals). Everything went to fuel oils by then, and the stock smoke is MUCH more correct.

The smokestackeffect is a light(ish) brown/white color -- look at the generator buildings on any terrain, and you'll see it.

you won't find anything in any of the terrain cats relating to those effects -- those are called in the terrain's _types ini, and reference those items in the /Flight cats

what exactly are you trying to do?

The ParticleSyste.ini was the ticket Wrench. I got the parts of different effects and their components to get what I was looking for. I wanted some black smoke for some cole burning facilities.

Mission accomplished.........You are the 'Man' in the know!

Thanks NIELS