Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Godzilla

It did not disappoint. Good story and good action. Worth the $9.50 I spent and this is someone who hadn't been to a movie theater in years. 

• Like 4

Saw it in IMAX 3D, was just like being there! That shot inside the school bus on the bridge was totally badass.

It did not disappoint. Good story and good action. Worth the $9.50 I spent and this is someone who hadn't been to a movie theater in years. 

Sigh...

I hate it when people post so much information it ruins the movie.

Motor mouth.   :blum:

Sigh...

I hate it when people post so much information it ruins the movie.

Motor mouth.   :blum:

:lol: I will say this and you all seen it in the trailers, when Godzilla roars for the first time....I was like "Oh shit."

Is it more like japanese-godzilla or Rolland Emmerich crapy-godzilla?

the trailers show it more like the Toho (aka: Classic) Godzilla.

I wanna see Rodan!!! :biggrin:

I saw it today in 3D. Sorry for the inbound cussing but... HOLY FUCK! Gareth the director did the king of the monsters the right respect he deserves. I'll do an review of the movie if you guys want. I'll try to not put in spoilers in the review. But I'll try my best if you want me to.

Falcon

• Like 1

the Japanese are complaining because Godzilla looks fat :doh:

Edited by Veltro2k

the Japanese are complaining because Godzilla looks fat :doh:

No they aren't:

http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/8-b.s.-news-stories-that-fooled-your-friends-part-21/

So according to "Japan" (they apparently polled the entire country?) the new Godzilla is more like a Fatzilla. That's at least how it was reported by Time, Yahoo, the Independent, Rocket News, Digital Times, the Hollywood Reporter, Moviefone, and Kotaku, who all cite the same source: a handful of anonymous posts on a Japanese message board called 2ch. In other words, an entire nation's distaste for American Godzilla can be boiled down to what may or may not be multiple posts by the same person on a random forum.

FC

well, IF he is too fat, they can blame it on his diet of Americans??

Not seen it yet but am looking forward to it. Looks great!

SF Traffic Sign Hacked To Warn Drivers Of ‘Godzilla Attack’

godzilla-sign.jpg?w=620&h=349&crop=1

SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF) — A prankster is getting points for creativity after hacking an electronic traffic sign in San Francisco warning of a “Godzilla Attack.”

The sign was spotted on Van Ness Avenue Wednesday night, reading ‘Godzilla Attack – Turn Back.”

The mobile sign was supposed to be warning drivers about traffic delays during Sunday’s Bay to Breakers foot race.

The sign has since been fixed.

• Like 1

the trailers show it more like the Toho (aka: Classic) Godzilla.

Yes would agree........

I enjoyed it too.  I was surprised of who the "real" enemy was in the movie.  Maybe I'm slow or its just I only ever saw one preview of the movie.  BTW I only spent $6 for my ticket. :biggrin:

Got to watch it at least, loved it, paid 7.80€ for two tickets on Moviegoer's Wednesday. Loved it, but i missed Warthogs... i still feel weird for people trying to bring it down with light firearms, specially after being unbelievably resistant to "ALL" kinds of ordanance, but makes sense in a couple of scenes.

Loved the Janjira´s setting, in example, and while it doesn´t fill much screen time, the HALO jump scene is great

Edited by macelena
  • Like 1

Did the same monday.
That was a great time. It's a Godzilla faithful to the Godzilla things. Great movie! 

• Like 2

when Godzilla roars for the first time....I was like "Oh shit."

Just thought about it, but it was exactly my feelings at the moment. 

Quite epic, shivering. Hadn't enjoyed a movie like this for quite some time! 

• Like 2