Sign in to follow this  
Geezer

New Pilots For FE2

Yesterday, I spent a frustrating morning trying to introduce new pilots into FE2.  The best I was able to do was black figures, devoid of skin artwork, that were located correctly in the cockpit and whose heads would swivel correctly.  I had named the new pilots "ww1PilotNew1", "wwiPilotNew2", etc.  I give up - do any of you guys know how to associate a new pilot with a specific aircraft.........or with all aircraft in general?   Thanks ahead of time.

The .LOD's, .bmp's and the .INI files go right into the /Objects/Aircraft folder. Not into an individual Aircrafts' folder. If that's what you did.

In FE2 you need to set up a separate folder for each pilot figure, containing the relevant LOD, INI and BMP files, under your Objects/Pilots folder. So if your new pilot is called ww1PilotNew1, there needs to be a folder with that name under the Objects/Pilots folder. Then, of course, your aircraft has to use this pilot in its Data.INI file.

For FE2 I just put my Pilot stuff directly into the Aircraft folder. It works too. I have a "PilotData" folder that just has base pilot .ini's in it. I never put any files into it.

FE2 uses it's various "objects" the same way as SF2.

Like Gatling said, pilot can go into a separate /Objects/Pilots folder. Where in everything must be named the same (folder the same name as the pilot's ini)

OTH, you can still use the old 1stGen method of tossing all the pilot bits (ini, lod, bmp) into the ROOT of the /Aircraft folder.

Also, like G20 said, to swap out pilots, you'll need a particular aircraft's data ini to change the pilot figure in the PilotModelName= line

like Quack said, NOTHING goes into the /PilotData folder. That's contains the high scores thingy for Instant Action, and your (player) pilot record

Thanks, guys.