This is still in progress build of Ah-1G Cobra for sf1/2 series.

Anyone is still interested in SF helos ? Because for me its still lot of fun, plus there is not much games to fly choppers over Nam. (none ?)

Anyway.
This is just part of my hobby. And since i was builiding some snakes in 1/72 and 1/32 scale i started to scratch some lines in max.
I started long time ago. But  never finished before.
So since I quit job and couldnt find good one i had lot of time recently to finish cobra.
I planned to build just cobra, but later it started to get bigger with weapons, versions skins etc.

It works fine with SF2 series but most of the time am using older PC with xp so am much comfortable in testing etc on SF1.

All weeepons are also made by me. Mk40 rockets (several diferent warheads) launchers, gunpods etc.
Turret is made as weapon station so you can load one M134 plus one M129 or both of each type.
IN TAT102 turret you can load only M134 minigun. Plus after change of turret gun there is diferent ammo box  loaded.

Of course you can use any weapons on this, but it has  specific stations codes, and my weapons got slighlty moded ammunitions.

Data file still needs some work as not everything is perfect.

Cockpit.
Am using Ah-1g cockpit from capun site for now.
My cockpit is not finished yet as i cant get work it properly. (front /back seat will be available)

Animations.
Cockpit door for gunner/pilot, ammo bays  doors and gun turret fairings.
Stabs are moving and i made some simple animations for rotor blades of course when you are flying you cant see it.
Anyway blades animations is not the way i wanted, but way i want is not working. So i left it the way its working.

Weapons:

Mk40 rocket with warheads: M151, M156, M229, M257. m247, M255a1,  with diferent model for each type.
XM-158 7 Tube rocket launcher
XM-158 7 Tube rocket launcher another with diferent type of mount.
XM-157 7 Tube rocket launcher
XM-159 19 Tube rocket launcher
XM-200 19 Tube rocket launcher

***only for USMC***    In game diferences between B/A and A/A is only fairing color.

LAU-61A/A 19 Tube rocket launcher (white)
LAU-61B/A 19 Tube rocket launcher (filed green)
LAU-68A/A 7 Tube rocket launcher (white)
LAU-68B/A 7 Tube rocket launcher (filed green)

TAT-102 Turret
    7.62mm M134 Minigun 8000 rounds. Only on early model.

M-28 Turret:
    7.62mm M134 Minigun with 4000 rounds
    40mm M129 Grenade launcher with 231 rounds.
You can load one of each or two M134 or Two M129. Have it your way.

XM-35 - Contains 20mm M195 Vulcan canon. De-rated to 750rpm. With 1800 rounds in box containers above skids on each side of aircraft.
This subsytem was fitted to some aircrafts (not every could carry) in late 1969 onwards.
Mostly fitted in new arived aircrafts.  Not evry aircraft in unit was able to carrythis subsytem - usually 2-3.
 *For those who are not familiar with cobra weapon subsytems it could be carried only on left wing.

M18 Gunpod - 7.62mm M134 Minigun in pod fairing. 1500 rounds of amunition.

XM118 Dispenser, grenade, smoke.
Two versions, for XM-157 and XM-159/200 launcher.   
Just for XM-157 looks not good with 19 tube. Same as bigger mount looks silly with small rocket pod.
I dontk know if it was issued to army during Vietnam War.  I saw this on pictures from trials. But never in action.
For now its available but maybe i will remove it later. Anyway sometiems you can have a lot of fun with it.

Skins and versions

Mouths. Mostly sharkmouths but its snake so should be snakemouths. Looks like Marines were  smarter than Army and painted real snake on nose.
Anyway.
I used genric style sharkmouth per unit. I didn't want to use decals for mouths so it is part of fuselage skin.
In units you can find several styles of mouth. Like In C/1/9 at least there was 5 styles. I used one most common plus one extra for Cindy Ann in C/1/9.
With some aircrafts  should be eyes plus mouths or mouth without eyes, but since mouths are generic. It is one style for all in unit.

First I was trying to put real tail codes/serial numbers to specific unit.
Second is unique name/nose art. Most of them are based on available documents and photos.

some numbers are placeholders. It is proper number for specific block build but i have no idea which unit it served,
In some units i didnt do any decals for unknown numbers.

I made several slightly diferent AH-1G 'versions'.
During AH-1G service in Vietnam Cobras were upgraded maintained etc.
Some units had very unique Cobras -real put together everything what we have and let it fly.

1)
AH-1G Cobra  named '67' represents early model with Emerson TAT-102 turret. Glass nose with landing lights.

Skins for:
NETT. Cobra New Equipment Trainning Team. 4 aircrafts in unit. In 1967 probably 2 were painted in SEA camo scheme. So i made two here , but i got one serial for Virginia Rose.
C/1/7 Cavalry. Like I said before, sharkmouths for C/1/7 Cav is generic. I used one which is more comon and used it for all others aircraft in unit.  XM-35 subsytem is not available for this model.
334th Assault Helicopter Company. Playboys.
B/1/7 Cavalry. Still under construction. I like their mouth style but got only two confirmed serial numbers so it is temporary for now with number-placeholders.

2)
AH-1G Cobra named '67Up' Represents late model of 67 block build and early 68 block build. Already equiped with M28 turret system. Nose light removed. Belly landing light added. Some still got glass noses some already new metal, just mix of style.
XM-35 subsytem is not available for this model.
SKins for:
D/227 AHB
11th ACR - You wil see this aircrafts in later models also.

3)
AH-1G Cobra named '68' Represents regular model of 1968 and later block build. And also repaired early 67 models upgraded to this regular Cobra standard. M28 turret system in standard, belly landing light, Hyd reservoir panel with vented inspection.
This model is already wired for instalation of XM-35 weapon subsytem.
Skins for:
11th ACR (some aircrafts got the same numbers as in 67up - In 11ACR aircrafts served for long time and were upgraded commonly)
C/1/9 Cavalry
D/1/4 Cavalry
D/229 AHB
C/2/20 Aerial Rocket Artilery

4)
AH-G Cobra named '70' late model with tail rotor upgrade. 1968-69 block build models and also big amount of early models were upgraded to this standard since 1970-1971 onward. So  you can find eraly numbers and late numbers. Right side tail rotor. This model also is wired for XM-35 weapon subsytem.

Skins for:
11th ACR. Again some aircrafts are upgraded and repainted.
D/3/4/ Cavalry.
F/79 Aerial Field Artilery. ARA unit after reorganization and rename. Most of the aircrafts were inherited from ARA unit.

5)
AH-G Cobra named '72' Late ultimate model of G. Fitted with Striela supresion system. Sugar scoop/Toilet Bowl exhaust. Engine fairing shrouds. This models were usualy equiped with all previous upgrades - right side tail rotor.
Skins for:
F-4 cavalry - reorganized and renamed D/3/4 cavalry unit.  Some aircrafts new some inherited form previous unit.
F-8 Cavalry
129 Assault Helicopter Company - last Cobra unit in Vietnam.

6)
AH-1G Snake of United States Marines Corps. Marines receivved 38 aircrafts. Some (6 I think) stayed in US for training purposes. Rest was sent to Vietnam. Served firs in VMO-2 as recon aircraft Some sources says - 4 aircraftsin unit). In december 1969 HML-367 received snakes and started to work with them.  Mostly early 68 build block  with metal nose, Left side tail rotor. Last batch of Army  transfer was late models some with right tail some with left tail. Here it is represented only by left tail. I didn't see Marines with XM-35 subsystem. So it is no available for this model.  Can carry US Army and Marines rocket pods and gunpods.
Skins for:
VMO-2 7 Numbered as Bureu Number and original US army serial number
HML-367 Numbered as Bureu Number VT-Code and original US army serial number

7)
AH-1G USMC Training Cobra. Late model mostly operated after war in HMA-773. Right side tail rotor. Here will fit only USMC weapons.
Skins for:
HMA-773

My internet sucks last days so i got problems with uploading anything anywhere. Just links for content preview at picasa.

Snake.

https://picasaweb.google.com/104719896545746158712/Ah1WingsOverVietnam?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCOXYxoG7muy_rAE&feat=directlink

Ah-1g units/names/nosearts

https://picasaweb.google.com/104719896545746158712/AH1GSkins?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCPbEmJuYqau8Nw&feat=directlink

Coming next is AH-1J for MARHUK. almost done.

• Like 4

Nice work yakarov79! Heli's are definitely an major part of the Sim, adding some aspect that is needed for realism.

get the Tow Cobras with the 20mm made and you will have a friend for life........

Agree with al the gents!GOOD WORK!

Link to some launchers for snake. Plus rockets.

https://picasaweb.google.com/104719896545746158712/Weapons?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCJLo2sexzJm9Xw&feat=directlink

and few aditional pics. Version with scoop exhaust is in album also.

https://picasaweb.google.com/104719896545746158712/Ah1WingsOverVietnam?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCOXYxoG7muy_rAE&feat=directlink

get the Tow Cobras with the 20mm made and you will have a friend for life........

Yes am palning and working on it. Early tow snakes and late with flat canopy.

But now am stuck between  late cobra versions, cokpit for it and some other stuff.

• Like 1

Its been while since i started this.

But I was busy last months. Much busy than i thought. Anyway. I made little progress.

G  model is ready as before with little fixing here and there.

J model is also ready.

After posting this in May i had some support from forum members thanks.

And also some words from other forum. And NO i was never planing to use it with Kesselbrut  cockpit. I can understand rules from other forums. No worries.

Temporary i was using it for my testing.

For my G and J cockpit is in progress:

https://plus.google.com/photos/104719896545746158712/albums/6053873673188888881

Soon everything should be complette.  And uploaded.

For now lack of time. So small steps.,

Regards

• Like 1

Kess' cockpits are Freeware. He gave permission for EVERYONE to use them.

The only thing that would change that, is if the DAT made changes in the MAX files, and exported the finalized LOD as their own.

Then, of course, they're owned by them, and can't be used by anyone else.

Edited by Wrench

Kess' cockpits are Freeware. He gave permission for EVERYONE to use them.

Kesselbrut's works are only available for download at the A-Team site, right? IIRC not all of his cockpits are available here, such those of the helos (it does make sense since we don't have all proper planes or helos for them).

yakarov79, good job, the helo is very detailed. Looking forward to it.

Edited by blaze95

What flight model the Cobra will have?

I dont know.

For now on my pc it is flying like harrier. thrust control no flaps etc.Quite easy to fly, hover.

If someone got ideas, I am open for it. Maybe someone wants to join in flightmodel modding.

Anyway this game is always open for modding.and everyone can change for own purposes. All choppers i downloaded from combatace i always modded  for my own use.

For now there is also moves of blades  during pitch and roll control. Not much seen during flight but just a bonus when parked.

Lights operated as landing gear.

And hook for switching pilot/gunner position in cockpit. I was thinking about switching on air-to-air / air-ground mode. But it doesnt work properly. Not transefring view forward and below. I didnt figure out why yet, so for now its tailhook mode but it is ok i think.

Pilot cockpit is finished and uploaded pics of final version is  in link above. Gunner cockpit is still on progress (75%). But texturing is untouched.

Helos are much needed in SF2.

Was very sad that OldDiego never finished his Cobras... .-(

Edited by Soulfreak

It would be nice to have a working movable gun. But this is impossible. Unfortunatly.

Upgrade to Q.

Technicaly it is still old G model with new features. So for now it will have still same as G  issues with shadows in SF2.

q002.jpg

I have added new nose and TSU unit. Also helemt targeting system is visible in cockpit. No use for it. Unfortunately.
The main difference is outboard pylons which  can be now loaded with my BGM-71 TOWs.
There is still option to load rocket pods or/and smoke dispenser on outboard stations.

BGM-71 are made as EOGR weapons. This plus EO camera station on aircraft itself give us a little feel of targeting. Anyway this game engine is using very simple targeting system so in my opinion it is ok.
TOWs are loaded in pairs in designated Tubes (in game it is weapon rack). You can load 2 or  4 on one pylon. Pylons are made as M65 launchers. So it is visible only with TOW tubes loaded (racks)

Empty pylon. Here double version.

towrack2.jpg

Quad pylon with loaded launching tubes.

Also one BGM-71 already fired.

towrack1.jpg

qcockpit04.jpg

teaser:

j-teaser.jpg

Edited by yakarov79
  • Like 6

first I like your choppers but I dont use gunsight and weapons in SF2 marged version...

I installed my mod folder but I dont install weapon to Cobras... 

I flight without weapons but I cant see gunsıght in hudglass

Please help me...