Olham

Planning a much improved revival of Siggi's old "DiD Campaign"

Hi all!
Some time ago in OFF, forum member "Siggi" thought out the "DiD Campaign", and it was a great success.
I would like to take the idea up again: flying a campaign with the bias on survival much rather than quick
collection of victories and an early demise.

In my holidays I have spent quite some time with working out the basic rules, and I had the idea for
a better overall valuation system.
The Entente flyers are crossing the lines very often, while the German scouts hardly ever did so.
So I found that it is much harder for Entente flyers to survive or remain uncaptured.
My new valuation system will take care of that.

Also, in Siggi's DiD Campaign, it was all mostly about scouts, and they operated in fixed units.
In my new version, you could fly two-seaters all the time, or transfer at any point to any unit.
So you could fly in any area of the Western Front - in hot spots or in quiet zones.
Flying in hotspot zones will be valuated higher than flying in quiet areas. That should make the
overall valuation as fair as possible, and allow each pilot to fly after his own temper and likes.

There will be a weekly chart showing all active flyers, as well as a chart with the best of the
fallen pilots of each member; but the main goal is to survive as long as possible, and the perfect
achievement would be to survive the whole war.

Now I'd like to know if there is a wider interest in this revival?
I know that the summer holidays are coming soon, but don't panic, there will still be plenty of
time to catch up with it all, and I honestly don't expect, that anyone will survive even one year.
(Maybe some of you will prove me wrong).

If there is a wider interest, I will complete my rules and ideas, and post them as a PDF file soon.

I really like the idea of it Olham,survival to me as always been the main appeal since playing WOFF,ive learnt a lot since flying OFF p2 and Then P3 and HITR,and ive come to realize that survival comes first,victories and medals second.Keep me informed Pal drinks.gif.pagespeed.ce.9olfNKsCP-.gif

Count me in.  I enjoyed OFF DiD.

Look forward to seeing the rules

Yes, that is an interesting idea.   I'm curious to see what you come up with for balancing quiet and active periods/regions.

I'm in as well ! I flew OFF campaigns with RSS-SIA settings.

If you need a hand on the organization, I have some free time now !  :biggrin:

DiD I mention I'm excited about this Olham?

Shredward is so kind to help me with a rough zoning for the Western Front, into "Hotspots", "Medium Activity" and "Quiet Zones".

We will use it for the valuation of each flier's points.

When the chart is ready, I'll post it.

Hallo Olham!

The chart looks great - no tweaks needed

Yes, I'm up here working, but I do refer to it as my Arctic holiday - the land is gorgeous. We have 24 hours of daylight right now, and spring has broken out.

Cheers

Shredward

I wonder how spring may be looking in the Arctic - daisies growing on icebergs? :grin:

I need a lot of sleep (9 hours) and wonder, how I would feel with 24 hours daylight.

Might be a good cure for sleepyness?

Thanks for your assistance, Shredward.

I was wondering if I should perhaps change the Verdun months in 1916 to "hotspot" instead of "medium"?

Wasn't the Battle of Verdun until December? Or was there still only medium air activity?

Edited by Olham

Posting this here to keep the rules thread clean. 

How long do you reckon before we start this?

I had thought of Saturday, 7 June - but I'd like to hear more thoughts on that.

I'm a brand new WOFF pilot (just got it in the last month, and haven't given it much time yet...been WW2-ing it up in IL-2)...but I am definitely in. I'm not 100% sure how it all works, but I'll review the rules thread and get squared away. Count me in!

Welcome to the Great War then MrGoTime!

• Like 1

Welcome over Flanders fields, MrGo!

If you go through the rules set, you will (hopefully) find all you need.