Sign in to follow this  
Olham

The DiD Campaign Revival - Rules & Reports

In this thread, I will post the rules for the new DiD Campaign, when I have them ready. Any updates and changes will always be posted here, in post #1.

Here is the introduction, for a start. More will follow soon.

full-27170-80707-woff_did_campaign_1.png

full-27170-81139-woff_did_campaign_rules

full-27170-81160-woff_did_campaign_rules

full-27170-81105-woff_did_campaign_rules

full-27170-81161-did_campaign_regional_a

full-27170-81385-woff_did_campaign_chart

full-27170-81163-flanders_north_south.jp

FLANDERS North or South ?
To help you determine if your pilot's area of operation is Flanders North or South,
I have made the above Flanders map after RABU's original OFF maps.

BELGIAN CARREER

The Belgians should be in the campaign, as they were in real life.
Since we have no Belgian units in WOFF, we must improvise.

You should enlist with a French unit or a British (RNAS) unit, which is based in northern Flanders.
The two-seater unit should have the Sopwith Strutter, which the Belgians used (thanks, Lou).
The fighter squadron should offer Nieuports, Sopwith Pup, and later the Sopwith Camel.
The Belgians used the Hanriot, which we don't have - I think Pup and Camel are looking closest.

I will provide every Belgian flyer with Sopwith Strutter skins with Belgian markings.
Later I will also put those roundels on the other planes.

Officially all Belgian pilots will belong to Esc. 1, even though their WOFF pilots would be in other units.

FRENCH TWO-SEATER TIME
There seem to be no French two-seater units available in June 1916, which is a real pity.
For this reason, the French pilots must absolve 3 hours of training flights, which I hope
will be on 2-seaters for French.

CAMPAIGN START
The campaign will start this weekend: 7 - 8 June 2014.

Fly when you really can make it without any stress - the war is still long to go on.

HOW TO REPORT THE PILOT'S RECORDS

Pls enlist in Jim_Attrill's website for our DiD Campaign and update your data there:

http://www.attrill.co.za/WOFFcampaign.htm

CHANGING NATIONALITY or LEVEL
You can have only one pilot at one time.
You can only change the NATIONALITY or the LEVEL for each new pilot, after the demise of the previous pilot.

NAVAL RANKS
As a German Marineflieger (Naval pilot) you start with the rank of "Vizeflugmeister".

The British RNAS pilots start with the lowest available rank - there are fewer ranks only.

VICTORY VALUATION
Since we saw, that victories would sometimes be 5 or more in a single sortie in WOFF.
Not the flyers' fault, and therefor they can hardly do much about it, when such fights happen.
To come to more realistic-looking victory tallies, the counting of victories will be like this:

1 - 3 victories per sortie = 1
4 - 6 Victories per sortie = 2
more than 6 vic per sortie = 3

Each pilot will count his victories accordingly, and then report the result.

Chart updated: 7 July 2014

full-27170-82874-woff_did_campaign_chart

full-27170-82600-woff_did_campaign_rip.p

Edited by Olham

New pages added in post #1.

"Workshop" settings for Reality Level A, B and C added.

Graphic "Valuation Chart" added.

New stuff added.

Rules Page 4 changed - for LEVEL C flyers.

Updates and correction made.

The final rules update will be made and confirmed on Saturday evening; maybe earlier.

Ok, I'll give it a bash (at level C).  So I have to enrol my pilot as a Sgt in a two-seater squadron on June the 1st 1916 - is that right?  Do I have to do the WOFF training or can I skip that?

And I have to have 5 'real' (not training) hours on the 2-seaters before I can switch to a single-seater. 

I won't use 'padlock' because I have never figured out how to use it anyway :blink:

The first thing - the workshops settings appear on SimHq but not here that I can find. 

Also, I enrolled my pilot for summer 1916 but the date it gives is 22 July.  How can I enrol a pilot for June 1st?

I then deleted that one and tried spring 1916 but it gave me April 1 .... 

Edited by JimAttrill

Not 1st of June, Jim - the actual real life date. that means, if you start on Saturday, you enlist on June 7th, 1916.

You have to fly 3 hours on 2seaters - in flying school or in the field - that's your choice.

To enlist on a specific day and in a specific unit, you click on "Manual enlistment" in the bottom right corner of the "Pilot Enlistment".

For changing from the 2seater unit to a fighter squadron, you use the "Transfer" (switched to "Always approve").

Thanks for spotting the missing "Workshop" here - I'm quite bad at keeping it the same in both forums.

Edited by Olham

Rules and valuation changed - hopefully for the last time!

A query regarding time management.

The workshop settings are auto/manual time advance. Once we are flying, are we advancing to keep the date the same as today?  For example, 7th July 2014=7th July 1916 and then if I next fly 4 real days later I must advance through to 11th July 1916.

Edit: I see you have been asked this on the other forum (I don't generally go there).  For anyone else wondering; the answer is that we do advance time to match the current date.

Edited by Maeran

Yes, always advance time to the actual real life date.

Hi Olham, two things:

1. People who aren't on the list on the website can't sign up - it might be a good idea to use a text field instead so we can just input our usernames too.
  2. If we wish to start in the RNAS, which rank should we choose?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by theultimat

Ulti, you just need to send a PM to Jim_Attrill, and he will add your name to the list.

EVERYone can can take part, who has WOFF.

RNAS only offers 4 ranks, so start with the lowest rank there: Flight Sub-Lieutenant.

Hi theultimat I will add you to the website.  I have a drop-down list to avoid spelling mistakes!

Wait a while and then try again....

I never thought of the different RNAS ranks.... so will put them in.  That will take a time.  Otherwise go as a Sergeant

Maeran and theultimat added - also an 'other' for others who can be added later. 

Edited by JimAttrill

Might be best, if we start only tomorrow, to have everything ready as it should be?

I think we are just about completely ready.  Not bad on my side for something I started only a few hours ago.  But it looks like it is going to be FUN!  Now I must go and fly my FE2b and avoid getting shot down.... 

By the way, the software I am using copes with the addition and deletion of questions without screwing up previous answers so we will be fine even if we have to change a few things.  It costs $US80 per year but I am not paying that.... 

Edited by JimAttrill

JimAttrill  and Olham - many thanks, I'll set my pilot up shortly and prepare myself for the adventures ahead! Best of luck to all!

Thanks Olham and Jim! :bye:

Right, I'll just use the rank of Sergeant for now on the website until the correct RNAS ranks become available. Are we posting reports like the last DiD campaign, and if so which thread are we using? Thanks again.

ulti, for RNAS you should use their lowest rank - there are not so many ranks as for RFC.

What about minor injuries?  My first DiD pilot has taken a bullet from an Eindekker over the Somme.  The roll from WOFF was "light  injuries" and 8 days out. 

On Jim_Atrill's form, reporting him injured takes me to a 'how did your pilot die?' form. 

Is Algernon Didsworth dead?

No, Maeran - wounded is wounded. You are just hospitalised, I guess.

Jim_Attrill, can you change that still?

No need to collect data about injuries; we'd only need to know "Was your pilot killed?"

Everyone should send his final outcome data, when a pilot gets killed.

Just completed my first mission with nothing to report - simple arty spot with no contact at all. 83 minutes in the bag though!

Olham - What I meant to say was that in the actual sim I'm a Flight Sub-Lieutenant, but on the reports website I'm using Sergeant as, for now at least, the RNAS ranks are not present.

Edited by theultimat

Ah, I see - not sure if you can still change / add that, Jim?