Sign in to follow this  
Olham

"DiD Campaign Revival" - Some Questions - Please vote!

Questions   

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which "DiD Campaign" start date would you prefer?

• June 7 / 8, 2014
    • June 14 / 15, 2014
  2. 3. I will start my first "DiD Campaign Revival" carreer as

• American Pilot
    • Belgian Pilot
    • British Pilot
    • French Pilot
    • German Pilot
  3. 4. The valuation for LEVEL A is

4. 5. The valuation for LEVEL B is

• too high
    • fair as it is
    • too low
  5. 6. How often will you be able to fly the "DiD Campaign Revival"?

• Once a week
    • Twice per week
    • Three sorties per week
    • Four sorties per week
    • Five sorties per week
    • More than 5 sorties per week

Please vote for all questions - you will see the results after voting. Thank you!

Edited by Olham

I've said I will be able to fly only 2 sorties per week.  Sometimes I may have time to fly more, but I think I have to think of the long run and my other commitments in life. DiD means live flight times, remember!

I voted for a later start but it doesn't really matter...I can always say I was caught up in the transfer paperwork SNAFU if we start on the 7th.

Kind regards,

Dave

Olham thank you for the amount of work you have put into this.

I've said I'll be able to do 4 per week, but that's only over the holidays as when at uni I don't have access to a computer that can run WOFF.

Olham thank you for the amount of work you have put into this.

Seconded, it's very much appreciated!

Be advised - My commitment is also somewhat marginal, as I am going on leave sometime during that window. I also could blame it on some sort of paperwork snafu or medical grounding or something. We'll get creative! :biggrin:

Thanks, all! I hope we will get some more votes in.

Voted...its a fantastic idea Olham drinks.gif.pagespeed.ce.9olfNKsCP-.gif

Hi there Olham,

As you are aware, Bletchley and I did a lot of research as to the Realistic conditions presented in the war, and OFF, and integrating it into the game.

We did recommend the Z key use on initial take off, and I am inlclined to think that without TIR, it may be difficult to see the parameters listed.

As far as the TAC, if you dont have TIR, then you really need something.  Reading "Flying Fury" it was clear that planes could be identified from probably twice the distance that OFF presented, and so even with TIR as adjunct, you are still up against it. Therefor I believe that the settings for the TAC are realistic, and even though the TAC was not recommended, I believe it should be, for the "B" listing.  I couldn't imagine flying to the "A" standard and suriviving in the game more than a couple of outings, especially in Bloody April, or any time in 1918.

[[Z] Key Use: Recommended: On initial take off to set aircraft up, and calibrate RPM (See OFF- - General Discussion - Sticky: Survival In the Air Series – OFF

TAC: Recommended: only for those without TIR. TAC should be set to Aircraft and 1 NM. In addition only the lower 60 % of the TAC should be visible, from 930 to 230, so as to allow the pilot to scan ahead through standard view lines or Zoom.

Cheers,

Britisheh

Edited by Britisheh

...In addition only the lower 60 % of the TAC should be visible, from 930 to 230, so as to allow the pilot to scan ahead through standard view lines or Zoom.

Is that possible? Is it already in the settings somewhere?

Is that possible? Is it already in the settings somewhere?

You drag the TAC to the top of your screen until only the lower part is visible.

:biggrin:  Just wanted to say thanks to U and the others for putting this together.   It should be awsome. :beach:

I didn't know you could do that, Corsaire31.  Thanks

British_eh, thanks for the reminder. I wanted to make a campaign without too much "paperwork" to study.

But I think players could use your recommendations, when they select the right LEVEL A, B or C.