http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=125117    I myself am pretty excited about this. Although the DCS world format isn't exactly the best place in the world to have an F-86, I have been flying the P-51 and the Huey there for some time now and set up my missions with vehicles and planes that are pretty compatible with what I am doing. I think that the F-86 will be just as fun as any of the DCS planes.

To be honest, I get a little bored with the A-10. Once you got all of the sequences and button pushing skills out of the way, it seems (to me anyway) to get uneventful. That's why I enjoy the P-51 so much. You have to pay attention to your rudder, speed, manifold pressure, and a host of other things when your flying.

So there are lots of people already saying "What's the point of adding another relic from the past to this sim?". I understand that mentality, but I just love the older aircraft so much more than modern planes. Maybe someone at Eagle Dynamics feels the same way that I do. Anyway.....I'm pretty friggin excited and have my credit card already fired up and ready.

The F-86 I purchased from XPlane is so ridiculous that I don't ever fly it any more. XPlane has become kind of like flying a Mickey Mouse mobile through Loony Tunes cartoonville. So unreal and cartoony that I just get tired of it after a few minutes.

There are certain aircraft that have always been on my "flyables" list for any and all combat flight sims.

TK and/or the modders for SF sims pretty much covered them all, but nowhere near the level of detail that DCS does.

So, I am hoping DCS duplicates that success.

• Like 1

I cant imagine why anyone would have a problem flying a F-86 in DCS. I actually consider it pretty cool. Besides, along with the P-51, you have two period aircraft that might encourage the devs to make some period ground objects too. Oh and maybe a Mig...wink2.gif.pagespeed.ce.DG-_ZgrqXc.gif

• Like 1

To be honest, I get a little bored with the A-10. Once you got all of the sequences and button pushing skills out of the way, it seems (to me anyway) to get uneventful. That's why I enjoy the P-51 so much. You have to pay attention to your rudder, speed, manifold pressure, and a host of other things when your flying.

It's a modern combat aircraft. Things have progressed so that the pilot can dedicate time to the combat and not the flying. Because when you're dodging AAA, SAMs, and enemy aircraft, manifold pressure is the furthest thing from your mind.

Now it's usually the enemy who kills the pilot, not the plane because the pilot didn't notice that gauge X went beyond value Y.

I cant imagine why anyone would have a problem flying a F-86 in DCS. I actually consider it pretty cool. Besides, along with the P-51, you have two period aircraft that might encourage the devs to make some period ground objects too. Oh and maybe a Mig...wink2.gif.pagespeed.ce.DG-_ZgrqXc.gif

Am I reading hopes of a Korean War theme? F-51s, Corsairs, Sabres, MiGs and the list goes on... ;)

• Like 1

Yeppers!