I have to ask you. Honestly, given his track record, are you at all surprised? I doubt we'll ever know the full truth but Luthier is toast.

"Everything is subject to change" - dont you read Wags signature  :beach:

I thought this of all things - which is what 5 WWII aircaft, terrain and a few campaigns would pass through okay -

That Spitfire F.9 is hanging by a very thin thread  :frantic:

Can you give us the deets, you know, for those of us who don't have logins with ED?

Edited by SayWhatt

Its probably nothing to worry about really 

June 2014 Update

We would first like to apologize for the long delay in projects updates. Since the last update from Luthier, there have been some significant changes in how this project will be developed and managed. No longer will RRG be developing this project and Luthier has ceased his involvement in the project. Eagle Dynamics though will be continuing its development and honor all Kickstarter backer commitments. There is nothing more we can say about this change and it is not open for discussion.

We will be restructuring the DCS WWII: Europe 1944 forums to reflect this.

DCS WWII: Europe 1944 is still planned as a single-package option, or users can purchase individual components to integrate into DCS World.

Myself and Groove plan to provide monthly updates.

As a basic outline, here are our current development intentions:

August 2014 – Fw 190 D-9 Dora
October 2014 - BF-109K
December 2014- Spitfire IX
March 2015 - P-47D-28
May 2015 - Normandy Map with period AI units
Other features like the Me.262A-1 and AI-only B-17G are also in development we but do not have a delivery data estimate at this time until these other features are further along.

In the meantime, Groove and our moderator SiThSpAwN are working to make sure that all backers, based on their level of backing, receive their entitlements.

We fully realize that you probably have many unanswered questions. We are in the process of answering those internally first, and once we do, we will update you.

In this update, we can share some updated images of the Fw 190 D-9 and Bf-109K cockpits. In future updates, Yoyo and other members of the development team will provide greater details about the various features.

Thanks,
Matt

That will delay everything on ED end. If not let's see how it goes. And, two DCS kickstarter products that fail to be finished with original creators.

That will delay everything on ED end. If not let's see how it goes. And, two DCS kickstarter products that fail to be finished with original creators.

Yup, but don't say that on the ED boards because you'll get attacked by the koolaid drinkers, ED Testers and moderators.  Don't expect any modern airframes from ED for a long time to come.  I'd even be willing to bet the WWII EDGE map makes the light of day before Nevada which I've been waiting for a long time.

Really only reason I didn't leave the ED Testers Team sooner (left last month) was because I wanted Nevada, and mainly Nellis to be correct.

I'll keep testing for VEAO who IMO is the one 3rd party who will have great airframes included eventually.

Edited by paulrkiii

Yup, but don't say that on the ED boards because you'll get attacked by the koolaid drinkers, ED Testers and moderators.  Don't expect any modern airframes from ED for a long time to come.  I'd even be willing to bet the WWII EDGE map makes the light of day before Nevada which I've been waiting for a long time.

That's why I posted here, to avoid being bashed by fanboys. And yes, I agree with you, no modern new planes for a loooong time to come.

Don't worry, I'm sure they'll make it over here.  They already did to my post at SimHQ :(

Thank goodness for VEAO, I'm still beta testing for them.  I think they are approaching 3rd party ACFT the right way, doing both WWII and modern airframes with separate teams.

Edited by paulrkiii

Hardly good news.  DCS started out being a great idea and the concept is still solid, but execution has been either brilliant or abysmal.

This seems like the latter.

ED needs to stay with modern stuff first. Hope you are wrong Paul, and I didn't know you left the tester team.

Nope, I'm not surprised at all. So much for Oleg's involvement, must've been no more than occasional emails.

I was hesitant to reply at first, but since this link is being pasted repeatedly on ED Forums, I'll offer my $.02

A. As stated, this change will have minimal impact on anything, 
B. EDGE will be with 1.3.0, nothing has changed, it's already in closed testing

C. Most of the Intellectual Property and Staff working on DCS WWII are now with ED. So it's not like everyone at ED is dropping what they were working on to move to the WWII Stuff.

D. 2025?, Seriously? while humorous, it's a bit harsh dont ya think? 

Seriously, those Expecting a DCS Fidelity F/A-18C in a matter of 2 years are not seeing the actual time frame.
Consumer version of DCS A-10C Suite 3 was announced in May/June 2008, and was released in April/May 2011, so about 3 Years and that's not even counting initial development time for 3D Assets and Systems. 

I wasnt expecting to see anything regarding a Hornet until 2015 at the earliest anyway.

Everything is subject to change in the software world.
Example?:
IIRC ED was getting ready to assemble Test teams for DCS: AH-64A Block 49.A and DCS: A-10A Suite 2 in 2008... 

On a Site note.....
Being a Navy Brat.... outside of any F-14, The F-18 is prolly my 2nd Favorite Aircraft..... 

Also:

8 June 2014 Update

We have been reading the discussions here and we will try to answer your questions as soon as we have concrete answers for them. The exception will be the circumstances which led to this change in product management and development. Sorry, but that simply is not going to happen due to legal agreements.

One item I can shed some light on is where the Kickstarter funds went. All of the funds have been spent and they helped develop the Bf-109, P-47, Me.262, Spitfire, and Normandy map. However, given the massive amount of work, those Kickstarter funds were only a drop in the bucket of what is needed to flesh out this project. The vast majority of funds needed to finance this project have and will continue to come from Eagle Dynamics (not Kickstarter). To give you a feel… just the Eagle Dynamics developed and funded flight model for the Bf-109K has already cost us about 120k USD (that does not include external model, cockpit model, cockpit systems, etc.). Developing such products is not cheap!

As mentioned yesterday, this project will only have minimal impact on our other internal projects given that much of the former-RRG team is now working for Eagle Dynamics. As such, projects like the F/A-18C, Su-27 PFM, and new maps are still under active development. As a policy, we now do not discuss internal projects until they are nearing beta level (the exception being DCS WWII due to KS obligations). So, just because we are not talking about them, hardly means that they are not being worked on.

Today, I have also included a VERY early copy of the DCS: Fw 190 D-9 flight manual. Please note that this is hardly final and is very much subject to change over the next couple of months.

Thanks,
Matt

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

7 June 2014 Update

We would first like to apologize for the long delay in projects updates. Since the last update from Luthier, there have been some significant changes in how this project will be developed and managed. No longer will RRG be developing this project and Luthier has ceased his involvement in the project. Eagle Dynamics though will be continuing its development and honor all Kickstarter backer commitments. There is nothing more we can say about this change and it is not open for discussion.

Because there are some shared resources between projects (like cockpit systems programming), there will be some impact to our other projects. However, because much of the former RRG team is now employed by Eagle Dynamics, the impact on other Eagle projects will be minimal.

We will be restructuring the DCS WWII: Europe 1944 forums to reflect this.

DCS WWII: Europe 1944 is still planned as a single-package option, or users can purchase individual components to integrate into DCS World.

Myself and Groove plan to provide monthly updates.

As a basic outline, here are our current development intentions:

August 2014 – Fw 190 D-9 Dora 
October 2014 - BF-109K 
December 2014- Spitfire IX 
March 2015 - P-47D-30 
May 2015 - Normandy Map with period AI units
Other features like the Me.262A-1 and AI-only B-17G are also in development we but do not have a delivery data estimate at this time until these other features are further along.

In the meantime, Groove and our moderator SiThSpAwN are working to make sure that all backers, based on their level of backing, receive their entitlements. 

We fully realize that you probably have many unanswered questions. We are in the process of answering those internally first, and once we do, we will update you.

In this update, we can share some updated images of the Fw 190 D-9 and Bf-109K cockpits. In future updates, Yoyo and other members of the development team will provide greater details about the various features.

Thanks,
Matt

Edited by SkateZilla

Skate, do you know why my BMS thread got closed? All I did was post a update like the other threads in the "other sim section" and they closed it. What is the big deal with BMS and DCS? Why do the mods close every thread that talks about BMS but leave threads about MSFS and others open?

2025?

By then we will probably be flying in actual 3d by then

Wish they would stop messing around with the old junk and focus on modern aircraft.

Edited by Cali

I wish they would put some stuff out that makes sense. Sure, a MiG-21 is cool (i guess) but what is it going to compete against? The Eagle? Trainers? Ok. I get it. But there's a lot of it I don't...

That's a 3rd party. It's not ED. It was done because the originator (who since broke off from the group he started!) already had done a flyable MiG-21 mod for FC2 before. It was supposed to be a low-risk migration of that to DCS World, instead it seems everything was redone from scratch over the last 2 years.

The entire idea of DCS World was ED opening it up to other groups to make planes they wanted to build, no "vision" required. You can question the P-51, because ED did that one, but that's it.

P-51D was developed with and for The Fighter Collection....

The P-51 fits in really well in the DCS series........I'm joking about that. All the P-51 is is target practice, formation flying or site seeing. Ed can't make aircraft fast enough to for us that is up to DCS level and they surely can't make the aircraft that people actually want.  

I use "they" as a generic collective. Yes, the P51 is a better example.

You can fly the P-51 against the FW-190, you guys are too narrow minded at times. The P-51D started as a project to see what the engine could do, it turned out so well they decided to release it. The plane set is expanding, not as fast as some would like and not with the planes most would like. However ED is doing something and they are not leaving us hanging. Its the 3rd party devs that worry me, much talk was made, then silence.  

You can fly the P-51 against the FW-190, you guys are too narrow minded at times. The P-51D started as a project to see what the engine could do, it turned out so well they decided to release it. The plane set is expanding, not as fast as some would like and not with the planes most would like. However ED is doing something and they are not leaving us hanging. Its the 3rd party devs that worry me, much talk was made, then silence.  

Most 3rd parties I agree, VEAO will have the hawk out soon, mainly legal stuff holding it back last I heard.

I know why the P-51 was made and I may be narrow minded, but come on, no F-16 or F-18 in FC in how many years? Ed knew that people wanted these aircraft 10 years ago and crickets. Now every time you mention BMS in the forums it gets locked or deleted. I understand it takes a long time to make a DCS aircraft, what stopped them from doing a Lock On 16 or 18? Was it because of the ground radar, they didn't know how to do that? The 3rd parties are doing a great job in adding to the mix, I just wish they would make an aircraft that most people want.....yes I do know there are 2 F-18's coming out soon...maybe.

• Like 1

Well narrow minded was the wrong term to use. The P-51D is a joy to fly, I love flying it against the FW-190. Why there hasnt been an F-16/18 I will never know. However the P-51 originally was an in house project only so I think it is not really comparable to the F16/18 being made.