glennhailstone

How to make LGBs available for F16 BLK 30 Single Missons

Hi all,

On my F 16 BLK30 I have Paveway IIs available but I dont have the laser designator pod so I cant use the weapons. I have looked through the threads but have been unsuccessful.

Also are there any other guided weapons I can use for ground targets.

I appreciate everything the experts have done to get me this far, thanks to you I now know what Im doing with adding weapons.

Thanks again,

Glenn

Have you tried using the "search" feature? I just ran a simple search for LGB using both our search engine and googles and the results were prolific. You'd probably be able to find something more specific with an advanced search. I really don't think you're reading or digging through the material here. You can't use an LGB without having a laser pod loaded for targeting, and you can't display the targeting if you don't have a display loaded. So just because you have a weapon available doesn't mean you can use it.

I know I need a laser pod, but I dont know how to do it. Can you please put the link up that explains how to do this.

And something that explains the targeting display.

Thanks

No. I don't have time. Use the search feature.

Thanks for that, but I cant understand all that. Im not that good at this sort of thing.

Thats why I started these threads to try and get step by step instructions.

Obviously you guys are all over it so I'll just have to try and figure it out by myself.

Thanks anyway,

Glenn

Going to need to google how to get lemonade out of my laptop now.  :lmao:

Thanks for that, but I cant understand all that. Im not that good at this sort of thing.

Thats why I started these threads to try and get step by step instructions.

Obviously you guys are all over it so I'll just have to try and figure it out by myself.

Thanks anyway,

Glenn

You won't learn how to at a younger age. There are no step by step instructions. You have to dig in and get your hands dirty. These guys are modding a game developed by someone else. The best you're going to find is the knowledge base. We aren't trying to be rude, but you have to learn sometime. That's the enjoyment part of it, so you're missing the whole point of what they do. If you want to pay someone to mod the game to your liking then you should ask for just that. 

First of all, it may feel overwhelming, but don't be discouraged.  Everyone started with questions like yours at some point.  My first questions regarding WoE back in 2007 were... wait for it... how to drop LGBs against tanks from an A-10 and then how to add a laser designator to the A-10 when I was told that's why they wouldn't drop.

One thing you have working against you is that you're using WoE (gen 1) when pretty much everyone else is using SF2E (gen 2).  That means that most of the people that would be able to solve your issue are limited in how much they can help since they don't have the gen 1 games and mods to play around with.  If you can get SF2E, you'll be in a much better position to ask for help and also learn at the same time.  In fact, there are already F-16C's with LGB/laser pod capability in the downloads section for the gen 2 games.  It would be a simple download and drag-n-drop.

If you can't get SF2E, you're either going to be limited to what's already available or you're going to have to roll up your sleeves and start "learn by doing".  I can point you to this download that includes an F-16C with LGB/laser pod capability.  

http://combatace.com/files/file/6970-linebacker-iii-beta/

I would create a separate "test" install of WoE to add this to.  Make sure to follow the instructions carefully and install all the required files.  Once you do, see if that F-16C suits your needs.  You could probably just stop there if you wanted and use that install if it works OK for you (there may be some issues since you don't have the Vietnam terrain).  However, I recommend that you then start reading through each of the .ini files associated with the F-16C to see how that laser pod has been added and works.  You know the old saying - "give a man fish, feed him for a day.  teach him to fish, feed him for life..."

I have learned so much about military aviation from the 60's onward by digging under the hood with this game and trying to do things.  It's almost more fun than actually playing the game.

Edited by malibu43

Ok so I thought I'd try and download SF2 but I cant find it in the downloads section. Does it still use the WOE game CD that I bought from the shop, as like a host.

Although I only have XP I have 2GB of RAM so I thought I'd give it a go.

If it doesnt work I can always go back to SF1.

Also, are the graphics better in SF2.

Thanks

So I got that F16 C going, works well. But still no LGBs, so still trying to figure it out. I've definitely learnt alot though.

So thanks