Before reading this post  play that video:

And then..... enjoy  :biggrin:

x_universal_01.jpg

26319978610_20c6770c91_h.jpg

26527304931_f0e73ee9aa_h.jpg

1.jpg

Edited by FRPignon
  • Like 9

As I'am almost done with the terrain , I started to rework aircraft , and also to modify and create new campaigns. So my question is, do you think that countries like Portugal, Greece, Norway, Spain or Turkey, not included in my original plans, but that were NATO members during the cold war, would fit in the campaigns? And in that case how?

Thank you for your help.

They shouldn't be in. Their planned place of action were the Mediterranean and the Balkans. 

Agreed :hi:

Spain mission was to keep Atlantic sea lanes open, their harbours operative and to keep North African countries at bay in case of problems there.

Ok, so is clear then. UK,USA,France,Belgium,The Netherlands, Denmark , Italy ,Canada and Germany will be the NATO countries taking place in the campaigns, as a result, campaigns will be as follow:

Classic Nato Fighters Campaigns like Red Hammer, Red Lightning , Red Storm and Red Thunder , will be included updated to the new terrain and with dozens of new aircraft and units.

Plus

New campaigns for the years 1972 , 1983, 1989 and 1991

Plus

Specific nuclear Warfare campaigns for all the dates and campaigns described above.

Plus

Red campaigns for all the dates and campaigns described above.

Plus

Specific campaigns for the Swiss air force defending their Homeland from Soviet Bombers

Plus

A new module with naval warfare in the north sea.

Edited by FRPignon
  • Like 7

How about "red" campaigns for 1991 ?

East Germany, Poland and Czech / Slovakia will be part of "what if "  communism did not colapse.

or allies for NATO ?

East Germany is an interesting question.  Real time line it would not exist in 1991 and after mid March the Two Plus Four treaty would be in effect  starting the drawdown of forces in Germany.  but i think any version of the wall not coming down that has violent repercussions would have resulted in war in 89.  also several Soviet Republics were breaking away starting in 1989 and so by 91  there would be too much internal strife for Soviets to think about a west ward assualt.

As said in post tho sir, several republics were breaking away an there were many internal problems in the soviet union 1991. Possibly the August coup goes horribly wrong?

Actually, would make for a good version of the nuclear campaign or very limited conventional campaign. Like the movie By Dawns Early Light or the battles at the end of the BOOK The Sum of All Fears (NOT that silly movie version). Both good tales of how it could have gone wrong at the end

Edited by daddyairplanes

Like the movie By Dawns Early Light or the battles at the end of the BOOK The Sum of All Fears (NOT that silly movie version). Both good tales of how it could have gone wrong at the end

One movie shows pretty clear what could have gone wrong. Maybe it`s the fact they showed politicians we knew, at least the ones who know the fall of the Berlin wall live. Or it`s the scenes of exercises of NATO and Soviet forces. But it`s a real frightening part of documentary.

Here`s the Wiki Link

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_III_(film)

This is the movie on Youtube (german, for english version i don`t know if it is available free)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmfMoS51NjQ

• Like 2

As said in post tho sir, several republics were breaking away an there were many internal problems in the soviet union 1991. Possibly the August coup goes horribly wrong?

That's the idea for the 1991 Campaign.

One movie shows pretty clear what could have gone wrong. Maybe it`s the fact they showed politicians we knew, at least the ones who know the fall of the Berlin wall live. Or it`s the scenes of exercises of NATO and Soviet forces. But it`s a real frightening part of documentary.

Here`s the Wiki Link

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_III_(film)

This is the movie on Youtube (german, for english version i don`t know if it is available free)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmfMoS51NjQ

In fact that was what I wanted to put in game.

Damn, how could I miss it, I think thats a nice place our Fitter fits in more than anywhere  :biggrin:

You can expect the polish Fitters to be ready as soon the pits arrive  :big_boss:

I know  :biggrin:  , they will Fit very well in this campaigns and in this terrain.

Edited by FRPignon
  • Like 2

Talking about late 1980's World War 3 scenarios reminded me of this document.

The Effects of a Global Thermonuclear War, 4th edition: escalation in 1988

Cheery.

I grew up in the late 60s and 70's in Omaha, Nebraska.  Being but miles away from SAC Hq at Offut AFB I thought myself lucky not to have to worry about surviving nuclear war.  I was into board wargaming and military history even as an early teenage, and my friends and I truly thought we wouldn't live to our 20th birthday.