Almost the 95% of the air bases work is done. Just targeting is left. Any suggestion , anything you want or you think that should be included here, etc... Please feel free to post as it is the time to do it!!!

14297556328_c3f030f62b_b.jpg

14480754601_3857b00b48_b.jpg

Edited by FRPignon

Are you planning to include part of rend's reworked airfields in your map? This would be wonderful

No. And I'll explain you why.

Rends airfields only cover german bases from both west and east Germany, as you can see I have many many bases in France, Belgium, Italy, UK, The Netherlands etc.. So with his MOD I would be only able to use this bases on German ones whereas the other ones (many) would be stock airfields .....Hence, there will be a huge impact between bases, and I think it would be a bit "extrange".

Futhermore, the terrain has a huge size ..... So adding more things would make it much higher and I want to have a good compromise of both size and quality, moreover all , and when I say all means that all the bases you can see at  post number 48 where placed there by me directly over the original EAW_WW2 HFD file... and this is not easy because , ok , first you place the base at its position.. but then you must level the field and then check the airfield in the game in order to avoid any "oddities" like buildings , rivers or trees in the middle of the runway, if there are this kind of things you can change the position of the airfield or rework the .tod files of the terrain which is just  a HORRIBLE work , and time consuming..... I've spent more than a week to solve all this problems with the bases and now everything is fine....

So adding new bases , like Rends' s ones would be problematic.

Edited by FRPignon

well said!

although, instead of

in order to avoid any "oddities" like buildings , rivers or trees in the middle of the runway, if there are this kind of things you can change the position of the airfield or rework the .tod files

I would have said "retile the regions with airfields to the empty airfield specific cleared tiles, move or change the bases facing and reflatten" (and I had to do it a LOT!!!

you know you don't need an entire city list to add an airfield for flattening, right? In the TE you should find a "kj-Euro_WW2_Cities.INI", where in you add ONLY the single region to be flattened. It's actually quite simple

But I agree, without Western/NATO bases that match Rends and Team's work on the East/WarPac fields, it'd look funny

As I'm sure you've found out, the height field is a frakking nightmare!! Especially along the rivers

Edited by Wrench

As I'm sure you've found out, the height field is a frakking nightmare!! Especially along the rivers

Yes it is......

Here you can see a base (Dijon I think) with a river behind it.... The river makes a strange "movement" as you may notice...

14303009698_5621d0d02a_b.jpg

yes. in the TK Terrain Universe, water CAN flow uphill (and sideways too!!) lol.gif.pagespeed.ce.juIU0bKaoa.gif

Finally.. I decided to change the tiles of the bases and make the forest a real forest...

14511898073_41b297f104_b.jpg

14305178039_cc624d8310_b.jpg

14490505204_72d22a91b6_b.jpg

About the Forest I'm going to re do the .tod file in order to "populate it more" however I'd like to use "bigger" trees.. If any of you can provide me a "bigger" .tga file.... I would be delighted...

One question when ?.....Don't tell me two week lol 

The terrain should be ready at early this summer , thanks to Mue's target area editor, However I'd like to go a little deeper and create a huge all-inclusive pack. We'll see.

you ships are in backwards. They should be bow inwards.

that's what tugs are for

will there be beer gardens, "resturants", tourist traps, and the like??  :biggrin:

this looks, searching for the right word, got it

ellegant

to me. Keep it up! as for TODs, aren't the trees a bit oversized?