Having been stationed at and visited other nations army bases in Europe, could be alot more paved( lots of motor pools). Or set up as field locations and lose the wall and buildings and sub out tents. But otherwise looks awesome

you ships are in backwards. They should be bow inwards.

that's what tugs are for

Depends... in Severomorsk the Russians tie their ships up bow inwards, but in Sevastopol and Vladivostok its the opposite (and Baltisk its even side on).  I think its because they don't have piers at all their bases.... silly Russians not spending money on basic infrastructure :-P  You're probably right for Western Europe, though)    

silly Russians not spending money on basic infrastructure :

the crews are probably glad they weren't just given a long rope and a heavy rock on the beach to tie up to!! :biggrin:

you ships are in backwards. They should be bow inwards.

that's what tugs are for

Well now HMS Nelson looks much better:

16627206503_9db52797ed_o.jpg

Or île longue with our friends Le Redoutable, Le Terrible, Le Foudroyant and L'Indomptable

16624945964_eaf80f1251_o.jpg

will there be beer gardens, "resturants", tourist traps, and the like??  :biggrin:

Well I have this:

17059636688_8d1ff1726e_o.jpg

17059853730_5c6b7e3394_o.jpg

17059636218_631d78b041_o.jpg

17221433256_4ecf2600f7_o.jpg

17061200319_8624278c7b_o.jpg

16624944194_2ee2950c63_o.jpg

Having been stationed at and visited other nations army bases in Europe, could be alot more paved( lots of motor pools). Or set up as field locations and lose the wall and buildings and sub out tents. But otherwise looks awesome

We'll have both

17245661082_d2ed1a5cc5_o.jpg

this looks, searching for the right word, got it

ellegant

to me. Keep it up! as for TODs, aren't the trees a bit oversized?

Yep they are oversized, I did on purpouse in order to have more dense forests  however I think I did not chose the correct width for the trees , so that's why they look so big . So I'll have to redo some .TODs in a few days.

Edited by FRPignon
  • Like 2

don't forget the Pink Floyd pig that Raven made for me!

indeed, those trees around the Arch seem a bit tall :blink:

I just wish I'd done those city and port tiles better ... I HATE the 'seperate' ones that are on the ww2 version

Maybe I'm asking a impossible, but is possible to add concrete under those targets? It looks really strange to see a nuclear plant complex sitting in the middle of a grass field.

Maybe I'm asking a impossible, but is possible to add concrete under those targets? It looks really strange to see a nuclear plant complex sitting in the middle of a grass field.

You can, there are two ways:

1) With a 3D object. But if the terrain is not flat (It is only flat around aifields or at sea) the 3D object will look really awfull. 

2) Creating specific "concrete-like" tiles , it is quite time consuming , sometimes they won't look good, and I'll have to readjust some targets.

I have about 230 targets some of them even have up to 496 objects and most of them are at their correct positions with their correct objects. And right now I don't want to spend time adding concrete on some of them because it may look "strange". 

indeed, for the ground plates to work the surface must be perfectly flat.

making specific "concrete" tiles is a nightmare --- the scale will ALWAYS be off. Tried with the Kanehoe seaplane ramps on the Hawaii map, and they just don't look right

Well , I've working a little bit with the .tod files , I've taken some of them from Stary's Germany V3 and here it is the result:

17160475429_e73e9b4a7e_o.jpg

17346703965_18a54154a0_o.jpg

17346703385_615b614a08_o.jpg

• Like 4

hmmm maybe try converting some of the existing tilesets? The EAW era tiles are tad old, plus you'll have inconsistency with TOD objects placement and display. Converting the Brain32s european tileset to winter is quite simple even in freeware programs that use batch colour conversion etc

hmmm maybe try converting some of the existing tilesets? The EAW era tiles are tad old, plus you'll have inconsistency with TOD objects placement and display. Converting the Brain32s european tileset to winter is quite simple even in freeware programs that use batch colour conversion etc

I've tried with original EAW tiles but the tod do not match, Now I'm trying to do it editind with GIMP the BN series. We'll see wthat happens.

I HATE those stock cranes..... their scale is off.

-----------

when I was redoing the ww2 version, I'd actually started retiling it to GermanyCE, so stary's (brain's? somebodies!) 4 season set could be used.

it turned out to be more work than I wanted to do; but it IS doable (after all, I did for the New Guinea terrain, but using VNSEA). I don't remember if it archived that TE, or dumped it...????

Right now I'll focus on the BN_series, this terrain is a nigtmare to work with and really time consuming.

But I may retile the terrain in a near future

if only the 'flachdach' didn't have flipped faces ... it's shimmers badly from a distance (actually, a LOT of the building in "The Factory Place" suffer from that)