Sign in to follow this  
Typhoon

O. T. Some good news

As some of you are aware I am involved with the building of a WWII "Mosquito" Bomber. On the weekend a licensed inspectot came to view our progress so far. He was impressed with the quality of the work and the size of the project. The wingspan is 54 ft and the length is 46 ft.We had to remove all the wing panels so that he could see the internal structure. Good thing we only put a fraction of the screws in. We now have to put in all 50,000 screws now.The inspector was also impressed with the fuselage. It was manufactured in New Zealand for us. Below are a couple of pics. I am the guy on the right

post-899-0-10976100-1403106993.jpg

post-899-0-78942200-1403106972.jpg

post-899-0-20014000-1403107080.jpg

However we have run into a bit of a snag. We are missing portions of prints for the tailplane assy, so if anyone knows someone or has access to what we may need

please put us in touch.

Tony

Edited by Typhoon

Know anyone?  No.  Have you tried people who may have original records? 

All of a minutes' thought has brought to the Imperial War Museum as an option. A speculative e-mail might get good results. Especially if you show them the amazing work you have already done.

Looks Awesome Typhoon..i hope you get what you require 

Wow - is that 1:1 / real life size? That must be fun, to take part in such a project!

And nice to see a photo of you, by the way!

I first thought, WINDSOCK Datafiles - but from what I found, they only have plans

from WW1 planes.

Next thing you could try: write to the ROYAL AIR FORCE MUSEUM London & Cosford

http://www.rafmuseum.org.uk/

...or to the DeHavilland Museum, Salisbury Hall

http://www.dehavillandmuseum.co.uk/history.html

Edited by Olham

Try asking your question on the RAF Forum here http://rafforum.activeboard.com/

ps. this forum has nothing to do with the Official RAF (what is left of it which isn't much)

Maybe you could sell your Mossie to the RAF as they need an aeroplane or two :blink:

That is just too cool!  If you are having the airframe inspected in such a way, I assume you plan to make it fly?  What a wonderful endeavor!

Wish i could help with plans, but I've got no resources that way - sorry.  and best of luck to you in your search!

Tony, that is awesome!  I would love to be involved in a project such as that.  Please continue to keep us posted on the progress Sir.

Typhoon; 

Are you building this in the Hamilton area? The room looks familiar to me.