Hi Guys..I guess it's possible I've reached my limit on uploads..as whenever I select an image to upload to my post..I can select it..but when I click upload..it reverts to 'choose file'

Trouble is, I cannot work out how to delete some old stuff to make room for the new...can someone point me please?

to clear your attachemenst, you need to go to your profile. Click your name, located on the upper right of the screen, and got "My Setting", and from there you'll find the "Manage Attachments" on the left side

delete from there

CLEAR ATTACHMENTS

Edited by Erik
Wrench was being funny

hey!! them's my attachments!! :biggrin:

Thanks guys...was a problem with Google Chrome..reinstalled..and all good :)

Hi,

I didn't want to start a new topic on something similar, so I thought I'd tag on to this topic thread. Could I ask if the allotted attachment upload limit is a daily (24 hour) limit, or is it a set limit for every user?

Also, is it the case that Imageshack url's cannot be used on this site? I tried to post a picture via Imageshack but received a message saying that url is not allowed here.

Thank you.

Damian

No there is no image limit like that. You may be hitting an image size restriction greater than the allowed Width X Height. Or the post size maximum meaning a single post can only be so big (only so many pictures in one post). Try including just one image and tell me if it errors and what that error says. As to imageshack there are no restrictions you can link images there but  the same max post size will still be in place.

Let me know.

hey!! them's my attachments!! :biggrin:

LOL the link takes you to your attachments and is different for everyone, meaning you see yours they see theirs. You deleted my link.  :big_boss:

Hi Erik,

Thanks for your reply. I was looking at the clear attachment option, because I've exceeded the 5MB allotted disk space I have for attachments, but it wouldn't be feasible to do so because it would delete the pictures from the post.

But I've managed to get my picture from Imageshack to show on my post. I think I copied the wrong url type across.

Thanks again for your help!

Your storage limit is a function of your member type. Since you're a new member you have a smaller storage space. With time and posts your member status will change and your storage space will increase.