Sign in to follow this  
hrc

Weird contrail patterns over Zagreb

I am sure I've never seen such contrail pattern over Zagreb, or infact anywhere in my entire life. Military jets don't fly over the city, so I don't know what to think of it.

Goddamn globalist's trying to turn as all gay... :))))

Anyway, pretty weird.

post-64647-0-12283100-1403374620_thumb.jpg

Edited by hrc

looks like squeegee marks left on a windshield

I saw them too. Probably just a coincidence.

This stuff always emerges in the summer, people forget that the sky is much cleaner, that way more people are looking at it and that due to the fact our coast is really attractive tourist destination flight frequency increases.

Btw. speaking of jets the other day some Fishbeds broke the sound barrier near the city, some people panicked I quite enjoyed it to be honest as I recognized the sound immediately, guess I'm weird in that way lol 

Edited by Brain32
  • Like 1

Zagreb has a VOR (in fact, there was a nasty mid-air collision between a Trident and a DC-9 in the 70s over exactly that VOR). It's normal to have intesecting traffic over a VOR.

With lots of wind, contrails get pushed aside. Mix-in a windshear and you'll have that checkerboard-pattern.

Btw. speaking of jets the other day some Fishbeds broke the sound barrier near the city, some people panicked I quite enjoyed it to be honest as I recognized the sound immediately, guess I'm weird in that way lol 

That was on wednesday, around 13.00h. I heard it and at first thought something went  kaboom...   :blink:

Anyway, checkerboard is a part of Croatian national identity, so I guess if contrails have to be weird they're better to be in that way. :)

• Like 2