Sign in to follow this  
firehawkordy

Big Change In My Life

First off, I'm still kicking and other than going through a bout with depression and general I don't give a f**k, I doing fine. If any thing bad had happened to me Dave would have passed it on as we keep up with one another on Face Book. Don't think you're getting rid of me longer than a few months, I like it here, this is the nicest asylum that I've ever been a part of.

Now for my big life change....

Last week I turned in my retirement request and after working for Kern Medical Center for the last twenty-five and a half years I decided it was time to go. I have had various health issues over the years as some of you know but my back and high BP have always been connected to this job and the stress associated with it. Most of the stress was from your typical office BS but add to the fact that our last dept head stabbed my in the back, actually reneging on a promised promotion and actually removing me from a job that I was doing for the last 8 years because " I'm unable to get Charlie to conform to what I want to do" ( read, Charlie won't go against policy and ethics ) and well....

Anyway I now have time for my flight sims, Train Sim and Fallout NV games, getting around to building my stock of models and of course time, lot's of time fianlly, with my grand children. For the moment I am just taking it easy and relaxing but I think I'm going to get a part time job so I can get out of the house and make some spending cash, going out now only gets me about half of my pay but it's enough to pay the house and cable and that's what maters. Website subscriptions, new airplanes for FSX, anime and mangas are on hold for the time being, at least until I can get our cash flow sorted out after October when I go from a county check to my retirement check. I am on terminal vacation until the end of Aug and the way things work the paperwork to get paid in Sept won't go live until Oct. I'm not worried to much as I do have about four job offers from local vendors that I have know through my job the 18 years. My son works for a nother hospital and their warehouse supervisor sent word through him that if I want a job there all I have to do is ask. I also have one other field to work and that's taking care of my friends guns since they are too good to clean and maintain their weapons themselves I might just hit them for about $75 a pop to clean a long gun and $50 for a pistol. Might as well put that Navy training tto use now.

One last thing, my son that was in the Marines is now done and medically retired from the Corps as of the 5th of this month. I am very proud of him and the fact that he continued to serve for as long as he did with f**ked up knees after his evav from Afghanistan just befor the "surge". He already has a job waiting for him and should be getting their new house sometime next month. He's going to go far and he's not even 30 yet. Like I said, I and his sisters are very proud of him.

Well, that's what I've been up to and I hope to have a long and happy retirement., Man this is the second time I've retired from a career, I hope I don't make this a habit

• Like 4

glad to hear you have time to spend on yourself and your family

and of course about your son back home safe and able to move a long with his life

take care!

Glad you're still kicking my friend. As for me I'm done with my chemo for my cancer. I'm getting stronger every day :).

As for anime, I got a free anime streaming site for you: http://www.waoanime.tv/

It has anime that hasn't been released in state side yet :) Enjoy :)

Falcon

Have a good retirement, you deserve it. Tell your son good luck on the outside.