Sign in to follow this  
Mig_eater

SF2E Nato Fighters 5

Hi everyone,

I've been having some fun flying around in the Nato Fighters 5 mod over the last couple of days. The new Germany terrain is fabulous and the game has never been better.

Does anyone have any recommendations for campaigns? I have never actually finished a campaign as they seem so repetetive and I just can't see the progress! However - I really feel like this mod may make the game "come alive". So - which aircraft should I fly, and what settings should I use to get max enjoyment?

It would be good to hear some other's experiences!

Thanks

Alex

To me it seems like the difficulty is skewed towards the book end campaigns. By far the easiest has been Red Lightning '79 since the Soviet missiles/aircraft hadn't caught up to NATO quite yet so if you fly the F-15/16 campaign it's pure domination (I tried a MiG-23MLA campaign using the editor, I can get past like, two missions MAX). Once you play the '86 campaigns though and you have to deal with -29's, -27's, and -31's, it gets real hard. The Mig-17's in the '56 and '62 campaigns will eat just about anything alive, they are so far away better than anything else in the sky.

I recommend a multi-role aircraft, just to keep things fresh with mission choices. Also, dive into (but backup!) your campaign files and try swapping out aircraft, replacing older mods with newer ones, changing the skins, etc. It's cool to use Volker's F-4E's and have them based at Hahn and Spangdalhelm and they all have the proper unit markings. Also, if you have SF2:Israel, download the USAF/NATO F-16A (TW) mod, the Mirage Factory F-16A is pretty old. Make sure you bounce any changes in the Campaign_Data.ini with the Campiagn.ini file as well.

• Like 1

Thanks for your response Cowboy.

I am not really confident (at all) in altering the game's innerworkings and, to be honest, after just installing the Nato Fighters Mod, the new terrain, new sound mod and new effects I really want to get on and play it!

So which aircraft are multi role in the campaign? I guess F-4s and F-16s are the main ones. Anything else?

I wonder if you could tell me - if it's not too stupid a question - how you actually win the campaigns? Is it just a case of winning a certain number of missions? I never seem to see much change in the territory map at the end of missions and so it does get boring after a while.

If I destroy a runway or hangar in one mission, will it still be destroyed in the next mission? What about a squadron of enemy planes? Is there any way to keep track of this?

Finally - what settings should I use when starting the campaign? Easy? Normal? What about limited "supply"?

Sorry for all the questions but your response would be massively appreciated!! :)

Alex

Hi Mig_eater, the goals to the campaigns ( red and blue) its capture the enemy capital citys (Berlin and Bonn), the campaigns also have a limited number of missions (you can edit it in campaign.ini)

OK that makes sense.

So regardless of mission the ultimate aim is to protect and support the ground troops so that they can move forward and capture the capital?

Also - what about destroying things mission to mission? Is it possible to destroy a runway, for example, and it still be destroyed in the next mission?

What aircraft do you recommend for the best campaign experience?

Sorry for all the questions but I am very interested!

Alex

If partly it is true, but not always the results are seen, it is necessary to see the campaign as a set, if your mission to protect a few bombers that attack a hostile target fails or is not completely good, it is possible that the enemy has reinforcements or it even makes you an ofensive, I hope to have explained.
 On the destroyed targets there is a parameter that is what is taken in repairing the damages...

And on the plane, I prefer something polyvalent, if it does not become slightly monotonous

Edited by Hans Topp

I think I get it. So your performance in your mission then influences the effectiveness of the ground war?

Which planes do you like best forthe europe campaigns?

Roughly how many missions does it take to finish - and should I fly the campaign on normal or hard difficulty? - what about the supply?

I like that the type of mission is changed, the plane depends on that epoch you choose, in the campaign of 53 I like the invader, in 56 the supersabre, in 62 the thunderchief or the starfighter.....
In the election of the difficulty as one is to taste, and the provisions also as you liked more, equal a simple campaign with limited provisions gives you more game

Edited by Hans Topp