Sign in to follow this  
RAVEN

Hercules Hurricane guns?

Before I upload the Radial endowed 'What If' beast, I was wondering if I should change the guns because the Russians considered the 8 (or 12) 303's too low of caliber, so they swapped out the guns with whatever they had. So 4 US 50 cal's maybe? I considered using the same guns from the 'Soviet Mk.IIb, but that would require a model and wing mesh change. So any suggestion?

Edited by RAVEN

6 50s or maybe even 4 20s?

plenty of room in the wing for the ammo belts, either way

6 x 50's would certainly be different.

Thinking! 6x50's Rounds per gun? I could import the muzzle fairings from the P-40E and hijack the templates for the lines and Ejection port's.

Edited by RAVEN

B/C Mustangs carried 270 per gun ( 4 50s), D/K carried 400 per (6 50s & TK data ini)...so...

call it 300-350 per gun.

sounds about right, given the 50 is 1/3 again larger then the 30/303s

According to the info here http://www.mustangsmustangs.com/p-51/?specifications the P-51B/C had 315 rounds per gun. If I recall correctly the D/K had more ammo for the two innermost guns than for the four outer guns. I think 350 for each innermost pair and 295 for the other four. But that is just off the top of my head so don't quote me on it.   

Thanks everyone for the input. Unfortunately RL has raised it's ugly head agin and I'm pressed for time, so I'm going to leave the 8 303's on it seeing how it's all Ziped for upload , I did change the 'Coolent' temp gauge to a 'Engine' temp gauge and changed the texture. Once agin thanks.