Sign in to follow this  
HomeFries

P-51D Colombian Air Force Skin Pack (Fictional)

P-51D Colombian Air Force Skin Pack (Fictional)

This is a package of two P-51D skins using the current Fuerza Aérea Colombiana grey paint scheme used for the Super Tucano. One version of the skin has a "shark mouth" on the nose. Nationalities are USA and Spain.

Installation Instructions:

Copy the folders to your Saved Games\DCS\Liveries\P-51D folder.

Optional:

The release of DCS World 1.2.4 added the ability to add texture paths using the file "autoexec.cfg" in your Saved Games\DCS\Config folder. This will allow you to save hard drive space as long as the skin filenames are unique. My skins support this, so any DDS file with the same name will be identical.

In order to enable this feature, add the following line to autoexec.cfg (be sure to create the file if it doesn't exist):

table.insert(options.graphics.VFSTexturePaths, "C:/Users/<username>/Saved Games/DCS/Textures")

You can use any path (even a different drive), but you must use forward slashes for your path. Backslashes won't work here.

Then, you can move all of the DDS files from each of the skin folders to this new folder you've added to your path. Allowing overwrites is not a problem, as I use unique names for each file. Finally, be sure to go into each description.lua file and change all "false" entries to "true."

You are free to use any of these skins in other projects as long as proper credit is provided in the readme file.

-Home Fries

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Tonci87
      I´m sure you have seen it in some movie, or read it in a story. 
      Someone who has no clue about airplanes has to get in one and fly off to somewhere.
      They usually just get in and fly away, but it is really that simple?
      Since I´m new to the flightsim genre I decide to dedicate my first flight to answering that question.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMxr0QLArPc
    • By MigBuster

"The Heatblur Simulations F-4E Phantom II is the culmination of over 2 years of intense development, preceded by countless hours of research and built with our next-gen technology that brings many new features, leaning on all the know-how gained from our previous modules. DCS: F-4 represents some of the most immersive cold war fighter jet simulation available. Climb into the cockpit of this beast and announce yourself with thunder, as you experience the thrill of riding a primeval spirit.
      DCS: F-4 includes, and models, both the DMAS and non-DMAS equipped F-4E Phantom II variants using the powerful J-79 engines. It utilizes our next-gen components based simulation framework - the aircraft is simulated as a connection of thousands of individual components. From an instrument needle to control surfaces, each component influences the state of the aircraft and even comes with its own wear and tear. Enjoy in depth fluids and electric simulations, a dynamic flight model and many new “firsts” in DCS, when flying and fighting in the F-4! 
      With the DCS F-4 we are introducing JESTER 2.0 - a completely rebuilt and redesigned JESTER AI to help you as your WSO, with improved and updated intelligence, a new interface and new immersive features, like pro-actively asking you questions depending on the situation - changing his behavior based on your answers. Teamwork is key in the Phantom. With JESTER 2.0 you will be able to not only enjoy this multiseat fighter in multiplayer with a friend, but also in singleplayer on your own. "

There are 4 options to choose from on the Heatblur store only for now - Order at your own risk.
      https://store.heatblur.com/products/dcs-f-4-phantom

• By MigBuster

DCS Normandy 2 map released in early access, and discount on WWII fighter modules.

• By LaoHu
      I downloaded this mod for the F-5 and all of the skins for the aircraft are black, which means the textures aren't loading but I can't find out why it isn't loading. There is no exact installation instructions other than extract it into the mod folder which I did and there doesn't look like there are any issues with the file placement compared to the other aircraft files. Can anyone help me out?

P.S. the drop tanks have the textures working and the cockpit, loading screen, menu, etc all work. Everything but the skin. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..